cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIle to IDOC : Three Fields need to Map to IDOC Segements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here i have 2 Fields in Text file Need to map Same Segment of Idoc Fields But it need to disaply 2 times.when i use we02 Traction in ERp. How to Map these in Message mapping

E1EDK02

P1 -

P1 p1 has different Value

E1EDK02

p2----

p2 p2 has different value

WIll will Helpful if you could answer quickly. will be given Good points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you have two source field value and one target field value then you can create a duplicate subtree at the receiver side just by right click on the filed u want two times and add duplicate subtree.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

These websites demonstrate how deal with Flat file to IDoc Scenarios :

Flat file to IDoc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

Troubleshooting File-to-IDOC Scenario in XI.

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

cheers!

gyanaraj

****Pls reward points if u find this helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>i have 1 text file need to map to Idoc In Text file i have two Fields will send different data in two fileds . both need to map to 1 segment 1 idoc field.</b>

Raj,

Kindly clear your question...

As per SAP Mapping is done as per the mandatory target fields..<b>you can't assign more then 2 values to a single field in Target side...</b>

If i am not wrong this is what you are asking for.....Kindly clear me with an example of ur requirement..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This is very common requirement..For multiple line items you have need to generate multiple occurance of same segment. You can achieve this by using Grahical mapping.

Check out this blog..

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Eventhough it is base on message splitting, he is genarting multiple line items in same idoc.

Hope this will help.

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nilesh,

thansk for you reply

But my question is

i have 1 text file need to map to Idoc In Text file i have two Fields will send different data in two fileds . both need to map to 1 segment 1 idoc field.

Hope you understand my query

thanks

hari

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>both need to map to 1 segment 1 idoc field.

Use concat function under TEXT function and send it to the Receiver

Regards

Agasthuri Doss