cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find the field names within a structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm trying to figure out how to find the field names within a structure. I'm looking at the ADURI structure and I want to know what the field name is of the URI_SCREEN / AD_URISCR data element? It's a URL field that I want to be able to extract using MDMGX but I need the field name to be able to extract it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

not sure, whether I get this question right.

Try se11 in your backend system, enter "ADURI" in the input field and press the "Display" button => you see the complete structure.

The MDMGX transaction is normally used to extract customzing ata (stored in tables), so there should be a table name, from there you can extract the data you need. The sample you gave referes to a strcutre.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE11 is what I have been using, but when I do a display on ADURI it displays the "Component" data element. I need to find the actual field and table names somehow. I tried doing a "Where-Used" on the data element but it only lists structure information.

I had a similar problem when I tried finding the table and field names behind the Classification/Characteristic data, but was finally able to uncover them.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

ADURI is the "URI Address Transfer Structure (Business Address Services)", meaning that this is not a data base table to store the data, but a structure which is used when you work with the data. If you want to have a look at stored FTP and URL data of the Business Address Service, you should use data base table <b>ADR12</b>.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that is exactly what I needed, but how did you find out that was the table behind the structure that stores the data? I have another structure I'm trying to break down and I'm sure I'll have more in the future.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

you're welcome.

I did this in SE11: I took "ADURI" as input value for "database table" to display the ADURI structure. In the structure I looked for the fields you mentioned above, and double clicked on the "Component Type" (e.g. AD_URISCR for the field URI_SCREEN). The component type is the "data type definition" used for this field. Usually this type is reused somewhere else for the same field (but with the component type it's possible, that the field in a different table has a different name!). The double click on the component type leads you to the details of the component. There I did a "where used search" for "Table Fields". I got a few results, but ADR12 was most likely the one you were looking for.

BR Michael

Answers (0)