cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating cube from PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using B7.0 with ECC5.0. I have pulled some sales data into PSA from R/3. Now is there a way to populate the InfoCube from PSA directly without pulling the data again from the source system?

When I create a new DTP target being the InfoCube (0SD_C03 in my case), looks like the process of extraction from the source system starts all over again. I would have like to use the data, which I pulled into the PSA.

I know there were options to do just that in BW3.5 but can't seem to find that in BI7.0

Thanks,

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DTP will pull data from PSA only assuming you have creating DTP btn Cube n PSA with Transformation already created.

Please check - Extraction Mode - It should be Full or Delta & " Do not Extract from PSA but Access Data Source " <b>should be unchecked</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Reberto,

Thanks for the quick response.

1) I don't see an option "Do not Extract from PSA but Access Data Source" while creating DTP.

2) While creating DTP what should be the source of DTP for moving the data from PSA to InfoCube. I chose DataSource.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is right Datasource - > Source & Target - > Cube.

After loading in Cube Manage - Click on the Monitor - Header Tab - Selections - This will give the Request Id of the one in PSA ( which is loaded ).

<b>What made you say that it is loading from source system ?</b>

1) I don't see an option "Do not Extract from PSA but Access Data Source" while creating DTP.

You will only see if its Full Update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Roberto,

I am probably missing something. I changed the "Extraction Mode" in DTP to Full Update and still did not see "Do not Extract from PSA but Access Data Source".

I think it reloaded the data from Source system again because I saw a new loading date and loading time appear in DataSource when I executed the DTP.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont get it , load is always taken from PSA.

Monitor - Header - Source - Datasource Name - > Does this made you conclude that it is loading from Source System.

Look at selections n taly it with the request name in PSA.

Frgt about " from PSA but Access Data Source" - I thought you had Direct Access setup .

Can you tell us more where do you see it loading directly from ECC ?

Do u have an Infopackage which loads till PSA & is the datasource migrated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Roberto, this is what I found. As per your prior post, looked at the header tab on the monitor and the request Id there is #58. The SID of the PSA for this load is also # 58. So to your point looks like that the entry # 58 is the one which got loaded into InfoCube. What threw me off was that the loading date and the loading time on the PSA was 11/05, 11:16 (which is when I ran the DTP thinking that PSA data would load into InfoCube). The load to PSA was done on 11/02. I guess the date and time on PSA screen is when the PSA data was last accessed... I guess.

Thanks

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>The load to PSA was done on 11/02. I guess the date and time on PSA screen is when the PSA data was last accessed... I guess.</i>

That is not right.

For a request in PSA - Loading Date & Times are the ones implying when the PSA was loaded from ECC.

It has nothing to do with when you run your DTP and Timings of DTP loading.

Find the DTP timings in Manage Cube.

Answers (0)