cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM TREX & TAXONOMIES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the recommendation of using KM in a large number of documents (really large) for many user. This question comes around thanks to some comments of KM final users.

The main concern of KM Users is to navigate trough many folders to finally upload a document. Is there a way that given some users data the upload works itself and put the document in a special folder and maybe assign custom properties to documents. Of course do all this inside the standard or maybe some develops but minimal. Please any suggestion would be appreciated.

Another question, can I create Taxonomies from different CM repositories.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> The main concern of KM Users is to navigate trough many folders to finally upload a document. Is there a way that given some users data the upload works itself and put the document in a special folder and maybe assign custom properties to documents. Of course do all this inside the standard or maybe some develops but minimal.

You can create KM Navigation iViews to navigation through repositories and change its style. You can change and add commands. See the following link to see how it's working:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/504e31fc-f46f-2910-98b4-dd94478c22f8">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/504e31fc-f46f-2910-98b4-dd94478c22f8</a>

>> Another question, can I create Taxonomies from different CM repositories

I don't think that this is possible. Taxonomies are created in an Index. And there is assigned one Repository.

Hope this helps.

Greets

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I already used the KM Nav iViews, but this gets rally complex once you have many folders in your repository. Is there a way to upload a document without navigate trough the folders?

Are you sure about the taxonomies for different repositories?

Regards,

Orlando Covault

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Orlando,

in fact you can have Taxonomies for different CM repositories by design. As the taxonomy is based on the index configured, this can be used in different approaches. The datasources attached to an index can be single folders or whole Repositories. Hence you'd have e.g. several indexes (taxonomies) with their own datasources, alternatively one/several big indexes (taxonomies) with several datasources attached.

Just get familiar with <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/73/66c08dacf611d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm">‘Index Administration’</a>.

Regarding the upload location issue: You want to browse that repository or just the taxonomy? Does end users or admins upload the content?

Rgds, peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information about the index(taxonomies) I´ll try that.

Regarding the upload, The upload can be from the taxonomy, I thought the upload could be only from the repository. But if your idea for different datasources for an Index (taxonomies) work the number of folders that I navigate would be less because I will distribute the folders in different repositories.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Answers (0)