cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Content and HCM - Is there a document mapping InfoTypes to BI Content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have 8 years of BW/BI experience but I am new to the world of HCM and am not sure how the data stored in HCM maps to BI. I was wondering if anyone has any documentation on how each InfoType in HCM maps to the BI Content InfoCubes? Or conversely, what InfoTypes are the source of each BI Content InfoCube/DSO. Once I know the data targets in BI I can figure out what the standard data sources are.

Thanks in advance for your help.

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the response. The links helped a bit. I guess I was hoping there would be more specific information down to the infotype level. For example, if I know my HCM team is using infotypes A, B and C then I need to activate InfoCubes X, Y and Z. I understand that some InfoCubes in BI may be sourced from multiple infotypes, and that one infotype data can go to more than 1 InfoCube in BI.

I am hoping to get a good idea about what BI Content to activate if I have the list of infotypes being used in HCM. I hope my question is clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jose,

Welcome to SDN.you can search in SDN and you will find a lot of useful links/notes. Here's something to begin with.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ba/0a693866ff230ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

/message/565248#565248 [original link is broken]

hope it helps,

regards,

Parth.