cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the next problem, I need to send data from one R/3 to another via SAP XI, the problem is that I can't use an Outbound ABAP Proxy to send the data, what other solution should you suggest? I mean instead of using a Outbound ABAP Proxy in the sender system what other solution can I use, and RFC?, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar Ruiz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio

configuration done for sending data from R/3 (by RFC)

1. Create an RFM, report (from which this RFM is executed in background)

can take help of -->/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

2.create RFC destination as per the blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

3.Import RFc in IR

4.then do the corresponding mapping n all

for further troubleshooting , u can find many post in sdn,

regards

Pratibha

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers, they were really helpful, I using now RFC communication, but I have another question the CALL FUNCTION DESTINATION in the ABAP code is working fine but the problem is that I need them to be Asynchronous cause is a big amount of records so I don't want to wait for this to be processed beacuse of performance matters, so I've been using the STARTING NEW TASK, but it dumps cause the STARTING NEW TASK extra for the call function sentence doesn't support TCP/IP RFC in the destination extra, has anyone faced this problem?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruiz,

u can send data from R/3 to XI using 3 ways

1)Proxy

2)Idoc and

3) RFC

each is having own advantage and disadvantages....

see here...when u should go for proxy,when u should go for RFC and when u should go for IDOC,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

as everybody said....just see wheather u can go for standerd idoc or not..if yes...go ahead with IDoc...

Its better not to go with cutom Idoc..because it will take lots of overhead....

Go for RFC if no standard idoc resembles ur message structure...

u can see that....may get some clue...

IDoc to RFC

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/07/25/reposting-idocs-instead-of-recreating--for-testing-purpose-xi

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your answers, so I've read the blogs I just would like to tell you what I understood and you please tell me if it's correct, I need this scenario:

R/3 Sender System->XI->RFC Receiver System,

so I need to configure in SM59 a TCP/IP RFC with a program id in the Sender system(here I have a doubt I've read in one of the blogs that it should be the application system in the gateway options, this mean that gateway options should be host and service of the R/3 receiver system??? but I need the RFC goes through XI can you tell me about this please??), then I do the import of the RFC(the RFC that does actual business process) from Receiver System in the IR, then I do all the design and the configuration and in the RFC Sender Comunnication Channel my program id should match in case sensitive the name of the program Id in the TCP/IP RFC in Sender System, then now in the R/3 sender system I can do the CALL FUNCTION ABAP code lines to the RFC in Reciever System destination parameter as the TCP/IP RFC in Sernder System, is this correct????, thanks.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but I've never used an RFC Sender, how does it work? I mean does an RFC should be developed in Integration Server that makes the call to the RFC Receiver?? or it is managed as an interface bye the import step?? and by the call from the sender system and configuring the receiver determination and that stuff it would be managed as and interface, I've never used an RFC Sender so I'm a little lost, thanks for your fasta answers.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> I mean does an RFC should be developed in Integration Server that makes the call to the RFC Receiver??

No

This will help you

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards

Agasthuri DOss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, but I've never used an RFC Sender, how does it work?

-- Dont worry its simple...there are lots of blogs available on SDN..

Further Reading:

1. RFC Processing with the RFC Adapter - help.sap.com

2. Configuring the Sender RFC Adapter - help.sap.com

Troubleshooting - RFC and SOAP scenarios

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

I mean does an RFC should be developed in Integration Server that makes the call to the RFC Receiver?? or it is managed as an interface bye the import step??

If you have standard RFC you need to import the metadata like idoc before using..even you can create customised RFC for same..n import interface in XI.

and by the call from the sender system and configuring the receiver determination and that stuff it would be managed as and interface,

Check out the Michals blog above..will get better idea.

I've never used an RFC Sender so I'm a little lost,

-- Dont worry its easy

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>can't use an Outbound ABAP Proxy to send the data, what other solution should you suggest?

If the Standard IDOC available go for it else RFC will help you. If l you want to send the data other than IDOC and RFC then try to generate a file with the help of report and pass the file to XI.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

First check if you have any standard idoc for SAP data. If any standard idoc is available then go with Idoc-idoc scenario.

If you do not have standard idoc, check if any RFC exist.

Meanwhile why you cannot used ABAP proxys?

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have any message types you can use IDOCs or you can go ahead with RFCs