cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Query transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I have made some changes in the existing query and would like to transport it BWQ. Can anyone please let me know the steps and do's and dont's to perform it? And also another question, I have two queries that has been changed so can I transport those two queries in one single transport? Thanks in advance.

Rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

If these queries have been previously transported, then I am assuming that you had an open request in which the changes were collected. In this case, just release this request and import into the target system.

If you are transporting these for the first time, you need to collect them in RSA1 > Transport connection and change the dev package from $tmp to one that is for the Bex objects of this InfoProvider. When you do this, the system will prompt you for a request number.

Also search for threads on BEx transports in the forums and you will be able to find lots of good info.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu Gupta,

Thanks for the immediate response. I have searched the forums but it is very confusing when I compare with my current situation.

Yes, it is been already transported and for this changes I have created a new transport request. But when I save the query in the designer it is not prompting any transport request. So I had to go to transport connection and collected the objects each element, RKF, CKF variables etc. And I have some of the elements in the SE09. Is this correct? Can I go ahead and release the request? And also I'm including two queries in one request. Can I do that? Please advise. Thanks again!!

Rishi

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rishi,

It wil not pormpt in the query designer. You need to have an open request in RSA1 > transport Connection > Bex Transports...check what you have here against the dev package for this query. Or do you have a universal transport...check if there is an entry on the top of this box. You can surely include more than one query in one request.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

There are 4 to 5 packages in the window after I clicked the BEx+Truck icon. How do I know which one?

Rishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error occurred (

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rishi,

if it is an existing query which has already been assigned to a development class then you must have assigned a default transport request too.u can check the same in rsa1->transport connection->create transport requests rule for Bex(button on the tool bar).

the ideal process is you don't transport this default request instead you delete all the objects from this requests and collect all of them in a new request and transport it.

Yes you can transport all the changes made in those 2 queries in one transport.

regards,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partho Mukherjee,

Thanks for the quick response. Where can I see the default request in RSA1 transport request. If I click the BEx + Truck icon from the toolbar, I can see 4 to 5 packages there how do I know which one has been used before. Please advise. Thanks!!

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rishi,

out of those 4-5 packages one must be used to store the queries. if u dont know then u can drag the query in the right pane of transport connection window.once dragged you can see a lot of information on the columns.like transport request where it is in, and if you scroll the last option in d package name.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the transport connection - drag ur query to the right panel and see which request the query is already associated with... If it is the universal Bex transport. Then go to SE03 - unlock objects - give the transport and unlock the objects. Now go back again to transport connection, collect ur queries - necessary objects - click on the truck icon and assign a request (existing/new)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thanks I'll check if all the objects gets saved in the transport request then I'll try to release it.

By the way, in the transport connection bar, I had to go by query elements, RKF, CKF and variables one by one is there any way that I can save the elements which has been saved in one shot? If so that would be great and easy to make sure everything has been saved in the transport req.

Ok let me check that let you and Bhanu know about that. Thanks again guys!!

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply I could not refresh the thread since the sdn server went down.

I checked all the query elements, RKF, CKFs in the transport and released it just now few mins ago my basis team sent me an email saying that the transport didn't go thru. The log says

R3TRELEM77 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMA2 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMA4 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMA6 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMA8 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMAA original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMAC original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMAF original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMAH original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMAJ original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMBD original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMCD original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMCG original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMD3 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMD5 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMD7 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMD9 original object cannot be replaced

R3TRELEMDV original object cannot be replaced

I eleminated the rest of the element tech name here but this is this error log msg. Please help...

Rishi