cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM P5/P6 Restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the P6 chipset for a 4.6C/DB2 environment? (We will be upgrading to ECC 6.0 this spring, but need to run the 4.6C system on the new hardware for a while).

Thanks!

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. We should be fine on the OS/DB platform according to the PAM, but chip technologies can sometimes cause issues.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts on the topic. I really appreciate the effort.

georg_leffers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

I have counterchecked with the DB2 LUW team and the AIX team at SAP if they know about any issues related to Power 6. They did not have any issues - not to 4.6C nor to any other SAP application. As Irene mentioned, please check the PAM for the supported DB/OS releases.

Regards, Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

SAP only releases on DB/OS combination. AIX 5.3 runs and is fully supported on both p5 and p6 technology. So there should be no issue to run 4.6C and DB2 (you did not say which release) on your described environment. But to be sure, please double check PAM (product availability matrix) in the SAP service marketplace.

I have not heard of any issues anyway.

Regards, Irene.