XI Acknowledgement: MQ File Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My Scenario is as follows.

SAP R/3 -

Proxy--> SAP XI -

JMS-> MQ

SAP XI reads the data through proxy and the file is send to MQ via JMS Adapter.

I need to send the Successfull status(if the File is put on MQ) back to SAP R/3.

How do we handle this syncronous scenario.

Can we can have Two Queues defined (one for sending the data and other for recieving the Acknoledgement) in same Scenario.

Or rather then getting any response from Target system, can't we send the same through SAP XI, whether the file is successfully delivered to MQ. Is there any step in BPM (transport Success) where I can send the response after Mapping etc have been successful.

Best Regards

Paresh Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do something like this if you can correlate your messages

send step (send jms)

receive step (receive jms message)

build a correlation /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

now your receive step will wait for the response

and if it can be correlated then the BPM can proceed further

and you can do whatever you want then : send confirmation to R/3

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The solution suggested by Sudhir sends the Acknowledgement back to R/3 System once XI is able to pick up the data through proxy.

Is there a simmilar way to receive response when the file is put on Queue and end it back to R/3, without waiting for MQ to send the response?

Supposingly the file fails during Mapping and is not furthers end to MQ. Is there any way where I can send the response back after the mapping has been successfully executed?

As suggested by Michal for using Corelation. I guess I probably need to define two seperate Communication Channel with different Queue names.

As I have not worked in BPM before, so doing correlation will be interesting though touch too.

Any more suggestions are highly appreciable.

BR / Swetank

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I probably need to define two seperate Communication Channel with different Queue names.

yes but you said that it's possible with your scenario

then this would be a standard scenario

btw if your're looking for some BPM weblogs try my FAQ:

(question 3 documents section)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

michal