cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Sales Order Line - by Delivering Plant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does anyone know (config or ABAP) how to split a sales order line for this scenario:

1 Sales Org - SOrgA

3 Plants (PlantA, PLantB & PlantC)

Can fulfill SOrgA sales orders from all 3 plants

No WM

User enters MatA Qty 10 on sales order line item 1.

MatA has qty 5 in plantA and qty5 in PlantB.

System gives Qty 5 to line item 1, reduces qty requested to 5.

Stytem creates new sales order line & gives Qty 5 to new line item 2.

I am essentially trying to fulfill the sales order from multiple plants but so far in R/3 I do not see any way to do this with config. Alternative is to do this manually but business requirement is to automate it.

Any ideas?

Has anyone done something similar with ABAP?

Thanks,

Niall

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using APO, then it splits your TAN item into TAPA items....for example

item 10 <<>> TAN <<>> qty 10

item 20 <<>> TAPA <<>> Qty 5 <<>> Plant A

item 30 <<>> TAPA <<>> Qty 5 <<>> Plant B.

if you are not using the APO, I am guessing you can leverage the design to allow it to do in R/3..but thats not like switch the config....its going to happen..you need to have some enhancements to allow the sytem to automate this process.....

i am sure if you do some more research on how the TAPA thing works..you will have a solution....

but don't create multiple sales order though in your customized solution...try to split the item....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers.

We have APO but I want to do this in R/3.

Sequence something like this:-

Create Order - R/3

Line scheduled based on ATP - R/3

Save Order - R/3

Job runs nightly to split certain order lines if stock is now available to meet customer delivery/arrival date in an alternative plant (looks like I will use a change sales order BAPI or a user exit) - R/3

Orders are then picked next day - R/3

Thanks,

N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niall,

Job runs nightly to split certain order lines if stock is now available to meet customer delivery/arrival date in an alternative plant (looks like I will use a change sales order BAPI or a user exit) - R/3.

The option you took was perfect, rather than splitting the order automatically during its creation, performing it as a background will reduce the impact on your system. I strongly suggest this approach compared to coding in user-Exit.

Regards,

Ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will need to develop a set of custom programs. user exits wont suffice.

your process flow is logical. however, how will you handle stock allocation? if for e.g. a sales order comes in for material M1, 100 pcs. you have 50 pcs in plant p1 and 50 in P2. 50 (from P1) get confirmed.

in the meantime, another order comes in and consumes stock from P2.

at the end of the day, when your custom program runs, you would want to factor reshceduling into the schema. If you use FIFO, the first order should get all the 100 pcs. the second order should go into backorder.!!

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments Ashutosh,

My strawman schema is currently:

Biz Hours:

Orders created.

Nightly:

[No (minimal) orders being entered so allocation should be a non-issue or very minimal].

Backorder rescheduler job runs

Bespoke job runs to split lines if can fulfill from multiple plants

- it may be FIFO based on a combination of dates such as customer delivery date and delivering plant lead time (will be bespoke)

Delivery Due List runs

Currently our sales order lines have delivering plant (e.g. from customer master, CMIR or material). Against this plant ATP is run, even though the material may also be in another plant. The business issue is that sometimes, for some customers, we want to fulfill the order from a different plant or combination of different plants.

This is not for every order thankfully!

N.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niall,

Go for USEREXIT_PLANT_SELECTION in program RV03VFZZ .

All the best! Its a tuf one!!

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you tried User Exit- FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP of the include MV45AFZZ .

Standard SAP doesn't have such feature to split the quantity and create new items, Yu should go for some user exit coding,

Regards,

Ajai.