Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporory storage of data in PI ABAP stack

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Temporory storage of data in ABAp stack of PI is possible.if it is then how can we achieve that,

regards

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can u clear the context. It could be related to BPM, where the messages are stored temporarily.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

According to my client requirement ,data must be stored in PI for some time ( as temporory storage location).

i am not sure abt BPM used or not ,here it is saying can be stored in ABAP stack of PI .

thats why i am just clarifying this doubt..

regards

Rao

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To store the message in XI for sometime and use it further, BPM is the best choice. The other methods could be like posting data to XI using JDBC but they r not logical.

Another thing could be some value mapping related configuration

Regards,

Prateek

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

How we can achieve this with BPM.

regards

Rao

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

could any one give me some inputs(at inbound side we using ABAp server proxy...)

Regards

Rao

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

temporary storage of data in PI ABAP stack for how long ? can u be ellobrae on the requirement?

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

During the day time all records comes as a batch and stores in ABAP DB and in the nights this recorsd move to anothger application .

How could we achieve this ? what is the procedure ..

Regards

Rao

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The BPM collect pattern would help u.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also see this

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a5/64373f7853494fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i had got ur requirement right....

if u are getting the records in R3 via XI have them stored in application server as a file (R3). Later u can create a report that would run at night time and tranfer the data to another application. Here in this case 2 interface. first interface to transfer the data to R3 and second to send the data from R3 to destination.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

instead of R3 they using PI ABAP Stack.everythiung is same as u said...

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u be more in detail fo the requirement. ur sender, recv and the process ur need to put inplace

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender is R3 and middleware is PI and destination is anothet third party application..

in the day time data must store in PI itself and at night this data must go to the application wher this to be used.

total two interfaces one is R3 to PI and another PI to third party application.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

It is never advisable to store data at XI level or any other EAI Tool. This will affect your performance badly and EAI tools are not supposed to do this kind of activity.

I think the best thing in this case to changes the approach and solution architecture.

Ranjeet Singh.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie...donot use IB itself....rather make use of RFC F/M and have the data transmitted from R3 to XI box. There in XI store the data in the application server. For trasnmitting from XI to 3rd party, Create an interface that picks data from this server (FTP enabled) and trasmit to the thridy party system. so for the first case no interface is required and for the second case u need to confgiure an interface. The second interface can be schduled accordingly.

but this approcah of having the data stored in appl server in XI is nt recommended. Rather try for R3-File; File to 3rd party or other solution based on ur applciation

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some question to be asked.

1. Why are you storing data at XI Statck during daytime? I dont think that is getting used by anybody during day time. Am i Right?

2. Data is not getting used while in XI , then why are tranferring data to XI during day time. why not schedule the interface to run at night? scheduling is possible in XI.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Here Target system wont accept data at realtime .it accepts only batch data.

for that reason we stores in XI and creates flat files at nights at one time.

regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC serialization is one option i guess...but I am not sure....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to strongly agree with Ranjeet Singh, XI nor any other EAI/ESB Tool is made in purpose for data storage. It could cause you bad trouble if its under weight.

As far as i understood your scenario the receiver system picks up files and you send it there with the

file adapter.

If the receiving system picks up the files at night time only, it shouldn t be a problem to built them up during day.

If not there's a possibility to let the Integration Engine do "scheduled" message handling for a prarticular interface, which means it starts handling them at a given time like described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

But that would mean hold them in your Integration Engine Queues for the whole day until the schedule starts, which is not advisable in mass transactions.

With best regards

Sebasatian

Message was edited by:

Sebastian Simon