cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i 'm installing ECC on linux, can any body throw some light on how to solve this issue

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host <host_name>, port

<port_number> to continue with the installation.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

As far as i can see you're not running an Xserver.... you need a software with Xserver so you can display the gui.. You can use Hummingbird, Reflexion or any other software / freeware that has the Xserver.... If you already have a Xserver running check your environmental variables specially the display one.

That will solve your issue,

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Xserver is running, need help

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS ALL, my sunjava does'nt support 64 bit, downloaded IBM java it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before running sapinst:

export JAVA_HOME= <path>

export DISPLAY= hostname:0.0

Please also check your file etc/host

If everything is ok and if the problem is still the same please do the following:

with user root:

export JAVA_HOME= <path>

export DISPLAY= hostname:0.0

./sapinst

Just let sapinst running even if you have the message "No gui connected, waiting for..."

Then logon to an other pc and copy the master dvd on it (a windows one is ok).

Go to Master\IM_WINDOWS_I386\ and run startinstgui.bat.

On the first screen. localhost = ip of your SAP server

Don't change the port it is the default one. just click on connect and you can continue your installation. I had exactly this problem on Linux Redhat 4 and this workaround works very well.

Please rewards points if helpfull,

Brgds,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had have the some problem. The problem at my installation was caused by wrong environment setting. I could not start the installation with root user, but I could start it with <SID>adm. So check you're user environment settings in case of starting the installation with root user. I had to set beneath environment settings

export JAVA_HOME= <path>

export SAPINST_JRE_HOME= <path>

Maybe there are still Java/SAPinst processes running. Kill them before starting SAPinst again. And check with command 'netstat -an |grep 21212' if port 21212 is listening

Hopefully it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is setenv DISPLAY <IP ADDRESS>:0.0 or 1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set the DISPLAY variable?

pls set it by <b>setenv <IP ADDRESS> : 0.0 or 1.0</b> and also check the display by <b>xclock</b> command.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way to check whether Xserver is running:

type 'xclock' in the command line and hit Enter. You should see Java window with clock.