cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TableSorter: icons and functionality question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a weird problem using the TableSorter in my application.

- I have the context attribute of the java type TableSorter.

- I have an onActionSort method in the view implementation.

- I am making a TableSorter instance by the constructor of this class.

- I have set the "onSort"-property of the table which i want to be sorted with the mentioned sort action.

Done this, there are 2 different versions of the sort-"trigger" within the table caption.

1. Clicking the column header starts the sorting. Doing this, a bold icon appears left of the header showing the sorting order.

2. Right of the header there is an icon with two small arrows (up and down), which is visible from the beginning. Clicking this icon starts the sorting.

Doing all 4 steps named above, BOTH versions are present! It looks like in some way I have two instances of the TableSorter, because changing the sorting order by one of the icons does not cause the other one to be conformed.

Omiting the last one gets rid of the 2nd version. Omiting the 3rd step gets rid of the bold icon and is sorting (small arrows still there), but of course I get a NullPointerEcxeption because there is no Tablesorter instance.

<u>My question is: </u>

What do I have to do to get the 2nd version ONLY, with the small double-arrow, with full sorting functionalities of the TableSorter?

Thank you for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Check this blog, it explains ur version 2

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/03/07/enhanced-web-dynpro-java-tablesorter-for-sap-netweaver-04s:///people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/03/07/enhanced-web-dynpro-java-tablesorter-for-sap-netweaver-04s

table sorter class u can get from the link available for project in same blog.

regards

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The TableSorter class from the blog linked in the second post solved the problem. Looks like I had an older oder beta version; it came with the "Working with tables" tutorial.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the new TableSorter class from the blog, the bold (old?) icon left of the column caption does not appear and the caption is not clickable anymore.

But clicking the double arrow icon does not do any effective sorting although the accordant action is called.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I just discovered that every sorter arrow I click on, disappears! But it seems that the sorting action is still called (my message appears).

EDIT2:

I am trying to use a sorter for each table (up to 6) in this view. Looks like some kind of conflict with the TableSorter instances.

But basically, my question is treatened since the new TableSorter class from the blog.

Thank you!

Message was edited by:

Michael Hentsche