cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am trying to make a BOM there I make the main item as a item catagory ERLA and in sub item LUMF but wherever i am trying to make any sales oder it showes " NO ITEM CATAGORY IS FOUND FOR SUBITEM"

Can any of u friends please solve this problem

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all let me tell you one thing. In <b>BOM</b> whether you want <b>pricing</b> at <b>header item level</b> or at the <b>sub item level</b> you only need to change the <b>item category group</b> for the <b>main item</b> in both the cases. The items which will be used as <b>sub items</b> in the BOM(in transaction code CS01) for these the item category group will be <b>NORM</b> only.

First of all make it clear whether you want pricing at header item level or at the sub item level & <b>change the item category group</b> for the <b>sub items</b> from <b>LUMF</b> to <b>NORM</b> in material master in <b>"basic data 1"</b> & <b>"Sales: Sales Org.2"</b> screens. Then accordingly make the item category determination using transaction code <b>VOV4</b>. he item category determination will be as follows:

<b>For pricing at header item level-</b>

OR ERLA -

-

TAQ

OR ERLA -

TAQ TAE

<b>For pricing at sub item level-</b>

OR LUMF -

-

TAP

OR LUMF -

TAP TAN

Follow this and your problem will be definitely solved.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayantan

Check in <b>VOV4</b>, whether you have assigned <b>LUMF</b> against your sale order type. If not, assign it and then try once again.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayantan,

The Bills of Materials (BOM) process can be complex and dependent on Sales and Distribution as well as other modules such as Materials Management or Production Planning. I have

explained the Sales and Distribution parts that contribute to the BOM process and that a BOM is

a collection of materials that make up a product. A computer, could be called a BOM. The header item or main item, the computer, could be constituted of many subcomponents or subitems: a hard drive, a keyboard, and a monitor. It is these subitems of the BOM along with the header item that make up the BOM. When the customer places his order, he orders the header of the BOM only and the subitems are automatically included in the sales

order.

For thart u need to do Item category Determination

that is

OR + ERLA + + + TAQ

OR + Norm+ + + TAE

So the Sub item also determined

Regards...

Praveen Kumar.D