Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP scenario and possible transmission errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I must develope a lot of scenarios with sender/receiver FTP and huge files

Then i ask ... What happens if there is a transmission error ? ..

It's possible that receiver system doesn't load entire file?

Or the entire file transfer is suspended?

Thanks, in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what happens with receiver file scenario ?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i believe (?) in this case the file will be paritally transmitted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if suppose while creating file on receiver side, there is any transmission error, whole file will not be written. There is nothing half written file error here.. \

Don;t worry about tranmission issue because XI keep checkpointing of each step. so if any tranmission error occurs it will restart from last successful checkpoint.

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi C A,

the entire file transfer will be suspended in case of a transmission error in XI.

you will be able to get the error message via runtime workbench or see the error in the communication Channel monitoring.

Cheers,

Aaron

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r not usinf FCC, use option <i>Milliseconds to Wait before Modification Check</i> under Advanced Mode

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prateek

Thanks for your response.

Option Milliseconds to Wait before Modification Check serve to avoid collect an incomplete file, if it was not totally created.

But, my question really is.... What happens if there is a transmission error in the same moment XI is collecting/saving the file?

Carme

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if any transmission errors the message will go for an error and u can reporcess failed messages.....in a way u can automate this process of reprocessing failed messages in xi box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prabbu

In a sender file scenario , if there is a lost of connection in the same moment XI is collecting the file... I suppose that XI message doesn't have the entire file... So it's possible to reprocess it ?

But, in a receiver file scenario... where I could find the error? Communication Channel? Will this error stop receiver communication channel?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

during file read by the XI system and there comes a system failure the message will be rolled back and it will not be tramissted to IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

So, it will retry when communication it's ok?

You suggest that, in sender file, there will not be any problem ?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will process the fiel when the next poll interval strikes