XL-Reporter 2005 PL29 - Office 2007
I read many postings in this forum which stated that XLR 2005 PL29 does NOT run with MS Excel 2007.
In the posting <XL Reporter with Office 7> by Irina Stanca from Sep. 9. 2007 I found a reply from Mr. Owen Slater which stated that XLR PL29 DOES RUN with MS Excel 2007.
I myself WAS NOT ABLE to install XLR 2005 PL29 with MS Excel 2007 (based on SAP 2005A SP01 PL26)! The error message was <Excel has to be installed. Cannot find Excel.>
At SAP I only could find contradicting information:
1. On the XLR information page: ... XL Reporter currently supports Office 2007 only within the SAP Business One 2005 track.
2. On the download/update page for XLR PL29: XL Reporter currently supports only Office 2003.
Is there any common understanding if or if not XLR is running with Excel 2007?
Maybe there are special settings you have to obey when installing XLR with Excel 2007?
Thank you for any help!
Jimmy Michael replied
Here is explanation from B1Platform :
Desktop System Platforms Release Track 2004 2004 B on Linux Add-Ons 2004 2005 A Add-Ons 2005 2005 A SP01 Add-Ons 2005 SP01 2005 B 2007 A
Microsoft® Office 2000 SP3
- Standard & Professional Edition X X
Microsoft® Office XP SP2
- Professional Edition X X X X X X X X
Microsoft® Office 2003 SP1
- Standard & Professional Edition X X X X X X X X
Microsoft® Office 2007
- Standard & Professional Edition X X (1) X X (2)
(1) XL Reporter 2005 does support Microsoft® Office 2007 as of XL Reporter 2005 SP01 PL29.
(2) XL Reporter 2007 currently does not support Microsoft® Office 2007. Planned to be supported in Q3/2007.
For more detail :
Btw, you must explain here whether you are using SP00 or SP01 of SAP B1 2005A. The standard and professional edition of MS.office 2007 are compatible or match with XL reporter requirement.