cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search on key or text in query (based on infoset)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've build an infoset based on the masterdata 0employee and an ODS. After that I build a query on the infoset with in the rows the object 0employee. On this object I created a user-entry variable. By executing the query, the variable screen will be available. When I click on the search button (or F4) I only see the key values. I want to display also the TEXTvalues, is this possible...and what is my action to do?

I hope my question is understandable

Regards,

Pieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are loading the medium texts, could this be the problem? Short texts we don't load. I think this will be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try changing the default value to medium in the Infoobject maintenance - BEX tab.

Also check the setting for -

Query Def. Filter Value Sele

Query Execution Filter Val.

Filter Display

Also logout and logback into bex after making these changes.

assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best solution I think is to checkmark the option medium text in the object maintenance (via RSA1). It is no option to switch it in the querydesigner, because we want to see the medium texts, i think we must load the short AND medium texts to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes .. the BEX tab on the infoobject maintenance screen has that option. Please update us with the results (and points if the discussion was helpful.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope I can implement this tomorrow. I will update you as soon as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AS,

I've implemented your solution, but it doesn't work. Also I activated the infoset again and I loaded some texts into the 0employee. But no good result. Does anyone have another solution?

Regards,

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've found the solution! On the maintenance screen of the InfoObject, you can click on the tab "Business Explorer". Now you can change the option display to "KEY AND TEXT".

The setting on my client system was only display KEY.

Thanks everyone!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you loaded the texts for this Infoobject in the back end system ? If texts were loaded they will be visible once you hit the search button.

Do texts show for other infoobjects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I loaded all the texts into the system. When i'm displaying the key and text in de query, both of them will be displayed. But I didn't see the texts whem i'm hitting the search button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is strange. I havent seen that happen.

Sometimes infoobjects have too many attributes and you may have to scroll a long way to get to the texts.

or does it just show the keys and nothing else ?

Did you check what the default description is set for this infoobject on the BEX tab page in infoobject maintenance. Are you filling up the text in the default (short Text) or are you filling up some other length.

Check the filter display box on this tab as well to see if you have the appropriate selection. Try changin it to see what happens.

Message was edited by:

A S