Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

On creating a confirmation dialog getting null ptr error

Hi Forum

I needed a confirmation dialog i have created two event handlers ie delUserConfirmation_ok and delUserConfirmation_cancel in the controller of my project. Then on the Click event of my delete button in the view I want the confirmation dialog box to appear. So for this I have written the following code:

IWDControllerInfo controllerInfo =wdControllerAPI.getViewInfo().getViewController();

String dialogText = "Do you want to delete the user";

IWDConfirmationDialog dialog =wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createConfirmationWindow(dialogText,controllerInfo.findInEventHandlers("delUserConfirmation_ok"),"ok");

dialog.addChoice(controllerInfo.findInEventHandlers("delUserConfirmation_cancel"), "cancel");;

but on clickin the delete button I am getting null pointr error.Also is it possible to hv a click event ie action for the ok button of my dialog box.

Jaspreet Kaur

Hi Jaspreet,

Just open up the view and select the Method tab and see that you have event handler named delUserConfirmation_ok and delUserConfirmation_cancel and if you don't have then you need to create.

IWDConfirmationDialog dialog =wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createConfirmationWindow(dialogText,controllerInfo.findInEventHandlers("<b>delUserConfirmation_ok</b>"),"ok");

dialog.addChoice(controllerInfo.findInEventHandlers("<b>delUserConfirmation_cancel</b>"), "cancel");

Also, confirm that the name is exactly the same that you provided while creating event handlers.(Keep case sensitivity in mind).

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question