cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specifying condition in XPATH and MessageMapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have one requirement that is based on one condition i want to push the data into my receiver..

for example.. if the Material No is tarting with <b>M</b> letter (M1001) then only that Material information is loaded into receiver side..

for this we can specify the condition in graphical mapping.. based on header node .. i had taken one constant and substring it was working fine..

as well as.. we can specify the condition in ID side ( in XPATH) then what is the difference between specifying the condition in IR side (MESSAGE MAPPING ) and ID side(XPATH)

thanks

babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to diffrentiate between different Receivers then you go for conditions in ID. But in your case receiver is going to be same. So U can put the condition in message mapping directly.

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sending the data to many receivers then use X-Path in ID, i.e. your data will be sent to different receivers based on the conditions given in ID, but message mapping will be common to all receiveres.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message mapping is to determine the output... how your target structure will look and with what values and the ID is for receiver determination configuration as in which receiver receives which information... I hope this is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u are passing condition duing receiver determination, then based on that your receiver will be called..if the condition is not true then it will not called that..

In the mapping your are mapping the value to the target message..(in your case it is <b>M</b>)if target message is doing some process based on that field then it is ok..but here you have to route the message to the receiver when codition comes true else not...

Meand send my message to Sytems A when my name is Farooq else dont send from XI>

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply Xpath is used when message has to send to specific receiver based on the particular input filed(from source doc) or based on some other logic:)

Thanks

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if you find it useful*