cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter for multiple clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a situation where we have a Dev client (030) and a Test client (041) on our SAP Dev system. We are implementing an XI interface with a non-SAP system that also has a Dev and Test environment. Up to now the interface has only needed to work between our client 041 and either the other Dev <b>or</b> Test system but not both at the same time (I have simply re-configured the target URL in the SOAP adapter).

However, I have been asked to set up XI so it works with the other system's Dev and Test environements simultaneously.

Ideally I would like to link our client 030 to their Dev system and our client 041 to their Test system but I don't believe I can have the RFC Sender adapter active for both client 030 and client 041 at the same time.

If this is not possible then it would be OK for our client 041 to work with both the Dev and Test systems but how do I configure this?

Our R/3 environment is 4.6C so I can't use Proxies. I have wondered whether using Parties would help but am not sure that they are an appropriate tool for internal communication.

Any advice, pointers, links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I had already set up two configuration scenarios with two RFC sender adapters. The problem in then was that both of them had the same RFC Destination/Program ID. I therefore set up an additional RFC Destination in R/3 with a different program ID and this resolve teh problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Ideally I would like to link our client 030 to their Dev system and our client 041 to their Test system but I don't believe I can have the RFC Sender adapter active for both client 030 and client 041 at the same time.</b>

u r having 3 option

1)RFC

2)Idoc and

3)proxy

since u r having problem with RFC and Proxy..u can go for Idoc...

parties are used in B2B communication.... i am not sure here u can use it or not....

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If in case you are validating data via any workbench objects then those are client indendent and hence no restrictions on its existence in other clients. For the case in ID you may need to configure two senders and two receviers to adress this scenario.