cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Amts in Assets'-->>G/L Reconciliation Acctts after closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to change / modify the Accumulated Depreciation Amounts for some Fixed Assets-->>G/L reconciliation Accounts.

This I want to do in the very first initial year (2005) - when the assets were first loaded / transferred from legacy system into SAP. This 2005 was also the year when SAP Production client started.

Moreover, the previous year 2005 has been closed now. The production client and company codes are active and productive.

Please tell me the procedure (or transaction codes) as to how to do that ????.

Please do not ask why ??? or how will I tally Assets sub-Ledger with Main Ledger OR how will I justify all these in previous balance sheets (which have already been generated) etc etc etc - Please no doubts and No Questions - only answers.

Please do not mind for my above statement because I only want to learn from you - respecting you as my guru.

I will definitely award points with free hand.

Thanks & Regards

Rajeev Sharma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the question is not very clear.

However based on your explanation you can change the accumulated deprecitation passiing a JV.

But before Passing the JV remove the Recon account indicator debit Accumulated Depreciation account and with equal credit to the Asset account.

At the same time you have to reconcile the individual asset loading using t-code AS91 or AS92.

Hope this answers your question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say not to ask you why. However, you must have a very good reason for doing this. Asset Accounting is a subledger of the General Ledger. Therefore they <b>MUST BE KEPT IN SYNC</b>. If you make direct changes to the accounts, you will in essence put the two <b>OUT OF SYNC</b>. That will cause problems during any reconciliation process -- quarter end or year end.

Normally, when legacy data is first loaded, the reconciliation process ensures that the data for assets in asset accounting is in sync with the general ledger. At that time adustments are made to either the individual assets or to the gl accounts to ensure that they are in sync. After that point you <b>SHOULD NOT</b> manually change the balances in the gl accounts.