cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max, count of hits in search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

per default the maximum count of hits in a search help is 500. I know one can change that directly in the WD4A application, on the search help popup at settings. But is it possible to set this count to another value directly in SAP, system wide, for every user?

Kind regards, Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes if you login to the system via the SAPGui and then choose Help->Settings. Then click on the F4 Help tab. This lets you set user and system wide (if you have authorization) defaults.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I wanted to try that on our development machine, where I have SAP_ALL rights.

But even with them I can't change system-wide defaults.

Where can I set them?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are correct that it appears that you can't change all of the system-wide defaults. You can change the Maximum Width and the Display type but not the max. number of hits to be displayed.

I did some digging and this value appears to be controlled by a constant c_maxrecords in the class CL_F4CUSTOM. I tried changing this value after it is set in the CLASS_CONSTRUCTOR using the debugger. It actually is possible, but only up to a value of 999. If you go larger, you get a field overflow on the screen display field - so I assume the designer of this functionality never really intended for customers to change the value of this constant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok then I think I will have to life with 500

Thanks for your help.