AddOn Register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to register an existing SAP AddOn

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\UDO\MealOrder\MealOrderUI

How will I proceed?

Tell me the steps?

Will I have to change anything in the code of it?

Rgds

Subrata

Message was edited by:

Marc Riar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

User-defined Object (UDO) is a feature of SAP Business One application that enables partners to create their own business objects, and register them to the application, so that the user defined object becomes part of the application objects collection.

The steps to proceed are creating UDO, registering UDO, deploying UDO and or extending UDO functionality with business logic implementation.

Another info :

Use the User-Defined Objects to add new business logic or new objects to SAP Business One. These objects are created with the help of the SAP Business One existing functionality.

You can create the following types of objects:

· Master data. For example Business Partner

· Master data lines. For example, the Address in the Business Partner Master Data

· Documents. For example, the A/R Invoice

· Document line. For example, the Contents tab in the A/R Invoice

In addition, services for the new object can include history and log information.

To add a user-defined object, you must have a registration - the User-Defined Registration Wizard. As an option, we recommend the Object Implementation - currently we support C++ objects only.

Create a table before you create an object, and then link it during the registration. While you create the table, create an additional new field to set the table type. Additional fields, including all the default properties, are added by SAP Business One automatically.

To access the Registration Wizard, choose Tools --> User-Defined Objects --> Registration Wizard.

Let me know if you need more detail but I suggest you to learn the UDO from SDK help files.

Rgds,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basically I wanted to register an AddOn. Right now I'm not working on UDO. That was just an example.It's true the example was related to the UDO.

However ,if I want to register an Addon where UDO doesn't exist. Then how will I proceed to register -

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\COM UI DI\VB.NET\UIDIBasicApp\VIDS

Would I have to install SAP B1 Development Environment?

Plz tell me the steps to register the above Addon.

Rgds

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We skip UDO from our conversation now.

IF you want to register self developed addon, you take it from SDK samples, you must create addon registration using addregtool that is available in the SDK folder C:\programfiles\SAP

Prior to create the addon registration (ard file), you must compile the addon using B1DE or VISE, you could google it by type installer.

After creating installer and addon registration file (*.ard), you could install the addon in the addon admiistration. Let me know if you need file about that.

Rgds,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I compiled the code in VB.Net 2005 Development Environment.

Although I've installed B1DE_for_SDK2005SP01 in my machine

whereas I'm using SAPB1 2005 B (7.40.232) SP: 00 PL: 01

Would I 've to compile the sample program in B1DE again?

If Yes,then how will I proceed?

I tried it before but was unable.

Because from VB.Net Environment when i click on New Project ,it shows me 3 templates----SAP B1 AddOnInstaller.Net Wizard , VB B1 Addon Wizard , VB B1 AddOn InstallerSetup.Net.

If I click on "SAP B1 AddOnInstaller.Net Wizard " finally it asks me for the application exe file (i.e. compilation already should be done before this task)

Rgds

Subrata

Answers (0)