cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: BW 3.5 Critical Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am facing a critical technical issue in my BW 3.5 implementation project(Blue-print phase). My client was using R/3 4.6 from 2001 to April 2005 then upgraded to R/3 4.7 Version.

Problem is,client wants all the report(Analysis/Planning) should show data comprising from both the versions.

Example: Lets say one report is there for analysis of sales at different plant starting from year 2004 to 2006. Then report will have to fetch data for 2004 and 2005 from 4.6 version then 2006 data will be fetched from version 4.7,

One important point to mention here is R/3 4.6 systems data is idle now. So it would be a one time job at cube level to transfer data and it will be user further.

Please suggest me the best way to handle the situation, so that we can proceed in our blueprint phase. Its damn urgent for me for this implementation project.

Thanks in advance

Ritika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ritika,

create a cube (i will suggest not to use ODS since it's kind of history data now) and load the data from R/3 version 4.6. please provide good attention while you assign your dimensions since this cube will stay there forever and so you don't wish to have any performance issues in future.

create ods and cube for your R/3 version 4.7.

add both the cubes under a multi-provider and you shall be fine

-

OR you can handle like this...

create only 1 ods which will contain detailed data for both R/3 versions. load your version 4.7 data to cube and then run your query on cube with R/RI on ods for older data. this will keep all the granular level data in BW and since older data will be little less frequently used your query performance will be ok (since your new data/latest data is in cube)

hope this helps...

regards,

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but problem is, Client has configured the SD and other module's mapping at functional level quite differently for e.g. In 4.6 version they were maintaining the data in various purchase organizations but when they upgraded it to 4.7 then they maintain all data in to single purchase organization.

There are lots of configuration changes has been done in upgradatio project at MM,PP,SD,FI,CO functional level. So same modeling won't work for both the version.

Ritika

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ritika,

then you can have 2 different data models. just make sure how frequently client is going to use R/3 4.6 version data and then you can have that stored in cube and your new data in new cubes and connect both under multi-provider. from what you explained about SD development, make sure if client is going to delete the previous company codes. if so, then have them in flat file so that you can use it (in future for your past data reporting) and then decide if you want to have custom master data objects holding old data and SAP delivered master data objects for new data.

hope this help. please let know.

regards,

sameer