cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a File Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts!

I want to create a file structure for testing purpose. Basically what i need to create is a 150 MB file and for that file i want to create a structure i.e my DT ,MT for testing purpose. Can you guide how should i create a 150 MB file and corresponding File structure for that.

Regards

saras Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saras,

You seems to be more interested in size of the file..:-)..rather then data in the file..

BTW <b>XI is a Message Oriented Middle ware</b>...so I can't commit whether XI can generate a file of this much size or not...

you can easily create a image file of this much size by Adobe Photoshop( or why don't you use any Installation exe file or archive n no of files in a single file.using Winzip/WinRAR.) and then you can use XI for placing it from one system to another...

but for this type of file you won't be using Any Message structure..as it will be a binary

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santosh , For this sort of scenario can you give any step by step procedure in which i can put an image file or zip file from one system to other.

regards

saras Jain

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dont have to create any specifc structures, nor mapping etc

ref the following blogs to give you an idea.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp - with IR

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository - without IR

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use this

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Saras,

<b>For doing this only Configuration Objects are required..</b>

Create 2 business systems/or services for sending and receiving the file..

Create Communication Channels with each system/Service

Rest follow all the steps required in normal scenario..Interface/Receiver Determination Receiver/Sender Agreement,

Use dummy Interface name in whole configuration activities but be consistent..

that's it..:-)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saras,

adding to that....

File to File thro’ RFC using BMP:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

File to File Part1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

File to File Part 2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Any flat file to any IDoc

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

File to IDoc troubleshooting

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

Step by Step Guide: XML File 2 XML File scenario: Part I

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

Step by Step Guide: XML File 2 XML File scenario: Part II

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

surely these blogs will help u !!!

<b>Reward points if helpful</b>

Regards

Sasi