Local Installation vs Domain Installation
In my Distributed System (Windows environment), I'm still considering between Local Installation & Domain Installation.
If using Local Installation I just:
- Use the same password for the <sapsid>adm & the SAPService<SAPSID> users on all hosts.
- Use the same master password on all hosts.
- Ensure that all hosts belong to the same Windows work group.
If using Domain Installation I have to ask my company's Domain Admin to:
- Create a new global group SAP_<SAPSID>_GlobalAdmin.
- Create two new SAP system users <sapsid>adm and SAPService<SAPSID>.
- Add users <sapsid>adm and SAPService<SAPSID> to the newly created group SAP_<SAPSID>_GlobalAdmin.
- I know that SSOs such as Keberos need Domain environment, and maybe something else.
- Maybe in the future I will have to ask creations/modifications in the Windows Active Directory. What I'm afraid is modifications in Active Directory make Domain Admin unhappy or sthg like that
So please let me know your current environments. Do you use Local or Domain? What are advantages & disavantages of them that you've experienced?