cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Is it possible to send an error from ID..If so,How is it possible.

2. Consider a file to file scenarion ...A file has been put in the source directory and is noy being picked up by XI .....as it is not an error...how can we send a mail ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>1. Is it possible to send an error from ID..If so,How is it possible.</b>

by configuring alerts u will be able to send error messages. Sending an error message from ID alone is not posible.

<b>2. Consider a file to file scenarion ...A file has been put in the source directory and is noy being picked up by XI .....as it is not an error...how can we send a mail ?</b>

The file may not be picked for the reason

- no file present

- login credentials provided is incorrect

- system comm fialure (network failure)

considering th first and third case alerts will not be triggered. Hence modules can help in the first case to check if file is there or not...if not raise an module exception. Even for the second case i think no alerts will be triggered for the same.....lets take confirmation from other memebers on this

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiRaghavesh,

IF the Communication Channal doesnt pick the file then u need to see that error,then u hva eto go with Alerts,For creating the Alerts first u have to create the Alert category and then u have to create the Alert rules for that.

If u have any error then u can see error in ur Alertinbox or u can get mail to ur mailid.

Here some links for Alerts,in my project Alertcategory was done my onsite i have done Alert rules.i can helpu u in creating Alert rules.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1457-&#61664 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];Inbound proxy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/1d1aaae6a54c2c9acf16c942113879/frameset.htm.

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/05/03/solution-manager-cen-and-alerting-configuration-guide-for-dummies

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/a8413599b244b6a03ac9d2a3bdaf2f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to look on throing an Alert for End to End interface(in XI) then you have to use AlertFramewrok.

Example: File to File Scenario.

Following Error can come:

-Sender Adapter Error(connection, authorization etc)

-Mapping Error(wrong test data, incorrect Mapping logic etc)

-Receiver Adapter

etc...

So for all you can set the ALerts Rule in XI using RWB-AlertConfiguration.

Before that u have to create the AlertCategory using t-code <b>ALRTCATDEF</b>. Use the below link to understand more on it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if u find it useful*

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas plz.....

Message was edited by:

Raghavesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have a BPM. A call from proxy(this trigger can be any thing else) starts the BPM before the File adapter starts its polling. The next step would be a receive step that receives the file as input. Surround this with a dead line branch (set an appropriate dead line) and if the file does not arrive with in the specified dead line, you can throw an alert using container operation and stop the process.

OR.

Create a Rule in RWB select the adapter engine and select a file adapter.

I think this should raise an alert.

Refer point no 8 for configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont see ID part here Chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I didnt get your question.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag gohil

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chirag

<b>A call from proxy(this trigger can be any thing else) starts the BPM before the File adapter starts its polling. The next step would be a receive step that receives the file as input.</b>

u mean to have 2 recvs in the bpm one for proxy and anothr for file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I dont think Chirag can answer you that, coz all he did was ctrlc ctrlv my reply from .

U are correct my idea was to have 2 independent receive steps one for proxy call and the other one for file and maintain some dummy correlation.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie....dummy correlation made sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For raising an alert you need to first configure the alert please follow the below weblog written by Michal Krawczyk

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Configuration steps are: go to transaction ALRTCATDEF

1) Define Alert Category

2) Create container elements which are used for holding an error messages.

3) Recipient Determination.

Alert can be triggered in different ways.

1) Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

2) Triggering by Calling a Function Module in the Workplace Plug-In.

3) Triggering with an Event Linkage.

4) Triggering with the Post Processing Framework (PPF) or Message Control (MC)

5) Triggering from a Workflow.

6) Triggering from CCMS with autoreaction.

7) Triggering from BPM.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

😎 Triggering alert by configuring a rule from RWB: This is used for sending the mapping and adapter related errors.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Its not an error...if it an error we can go with ALRTCATDEF