cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing WAS 620

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we are trying to install the WAS 620 after installing the CRM 4.0.

but during installation the following error was cropping up in the " Start J2EE Engine" step.

"Try to connect to the SAP J2EE Engine on port 50004 but get no response. Please start the SAP J2EE Engine by restarting the SAP system and press OK. "

please give me inputs to resolve the issue...

thanks,

-uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I assume that you are getting this error in your instgui output screen during installation and you OS in Windows. You can go with 2 options from here.

1) Just check if the SAP instance has been started in the MMC, if not start the same.

2) If the SAP Instance is running and you are still getting this error, then start the SAP J2EE server by choosing the Program->SAP J2EE-><Instance No>-> Dispatcher.

After that continue with your installation.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sanujit,

i didn't understand what you meant by

"2) If the SAP Instance is running and you are still getting this error, then start the SAP J2EE server by choosing the Program->SAP J2EE-><Instance No>-> Dispatcher."

can you please explain that..

-uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

do we need to configure and install the dispatcher seperately?......but it's not a part in the installation guide of CRM 4.0...i think it should get installed as a part in the CRM installation.

please throw some light on this....

-uday

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi uday,

Seems like your web dispatcher is not in cotact with the J2EE engine.

Hint :- Are you using the correct port for the installation.I presume 50000 is the default port.

Refer this link.May be useful to you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f5/51c7d170bc4a98b1b5a0339213af57/frameset.htm

Rdgs,

guru