cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to filter data depending on the data from the column of a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I am working on a project on VC where i need to display data in a table which has to be filtered depending on the data in a column of another table.

Eg:- I have a table which has a field "Count " which has a number in it. Every row has a field "count", when i click on the count field for a particular row it should filter the data in the table which is to be displayed according to the "company code" which is also one of the fiel from the same row as "count" .

Also every row will have different value for "company code".

Points will be awarded to helpful answers.

Regards,

Sanjy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjyoti,

If i understand you correctly, you hv 2 tables - say table A and table B. Based on the values of the row selected in table A, you want to pass the company code (of the selected row) to another query to populate another table B?

If so, add a toolbar to the table A -->include "select row" system action, save the company code and any other field you need in a datastore (upon event select row) and also call another (or the same) query for displaying table B filtered by the selected company code (use value saved frm store)

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Thank you for your help.

You have surely understood me correct.

I am able to perform the first part that is to store the company code to data store on selection of row but not able to this

"and also call another (or the same) query for displaying table B filtered by the selected company code (use value saved frm store)"

how to filter data based on the values store in Data Store i have never used filter before i tried to use it but not able to understand. Would you please help me in this.

Regards,

Sanjyoti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjyoti,

hv a transition line from the table to the bi query and set the event for this to 'select' [similar to what u did for data store]. In addition, to "filter data", you're simply using the value stored in the data store to serve as an input to your next query. so in the input field of the query when assigning values for company code, use "Store@CompanyCode". Tke note that you're not using the 'filter' operator here and you dont need it in this case..

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Thank you for your support.

In my VC storyboard there is no component as "query". Actually we are using SAP R/3 system. and the data that i am getting is through RFC. Is it still possible to write query for RFC if yes then where can i write it ?? Is it so that i need to make any settings to configure it ???

Please help.

Sanjyoti,

Sanjyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjyoti,

I assumed you're using BI queries. you can do the same that i suggested above with rfc instead. so just replace 'query' with 'rfc'

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prachi,

thank you dear for your help,

My problem is solved and here are ur points,

God bless you.

Regards,

Sanjyoti.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no possibility of "dynamic" filtering in the visual composer; the only possibility is to adapt your data source (BAPI/RFC/BI Query) so that it accepts the filetring value as input parameter and returns filtered data.

Sorry, that's the only way !

Rgds,

Karim