cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add data to standad restricted key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used some business content Restricted Key Figures in my query.

But the problem is, when i execute the query, it shows "no applicable data found".

So my question is, how should i get data for that restricted key figure?

Since it is restricted, it is not even present in the cube, so where will the data come from?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restricted Key Figure is a Query element and will not be in the Infoprovider.

If its a buss content RKF - Check its definition - Open it up to see to what is it restrcited to - What keyfigure is used..

Example - > Actual Amount - Here RKF - > 0Amount - > Restricted - > Value Type - > Restricted to - > 10 - > Currency Type - 20

Keyfigure 0Amount is from the Cube and RKF is created restricting the same to value type & currency type which will also be in the cube.

Change the RKF according to your needs for which data is available in the Cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the intersection of the characteristics and any default values against the key figures in the cube yields the restricted key figure. If you get no applicable data then that means the cube has no values that match the defined restriction.

Try adding the base key figure and the relevant characteristics to the query and then run it to see what I mean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i find the base key figure??

The business content Restricted Key Figure that i have used is 0RPM_DSC_RK_ALC_HB.

Does it mean that 0RPM_DSC is the base key figure for this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont want to be rude but you do need some basic understanding of BW before you can begin building and editing queries. You might want to read some on the online documentation 1st as you question is really very basic.

As the posted above says, click on the restricted key figure and display its contents. In there you can see exactly how its defines and what "base key figure" it uses.

1) go to change query global

2) navigate to the restricted key figure in the left upper most window Key figures-->restricted key figures

3) find the one you are interested in and right click on it and choose EDIT

4) click the small wrench icon to show the technical names

5) write down or take a screen shot of this definition

6) go back to the key figures area and find the key figure that was used in the restricted key figure

7) drag it into the report

😎 repeat the same for the characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the RKF - Do a Display and findout.

Or search for the Cube in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3d/5fb13cd0500255e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Buss Content Help</a> - you should find the def of RKF's here.