Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The time stream for resource is not valid for total display period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

Could you please explain to me futher the error message :

The time stream for resource WDUMMY_9000_001 is not valid for the general display period. This can cause the display of the time buckets profile for this resource in the product planning table to be inaccurate.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most likely the Time Stream for the Resource is not available for the duration being displayed in Product Planning Table.

The way to check this is in the Resource Master txn /SAPAPO/RES01 enter the Resource and Planning Version.

Check the values maintained under Planning Parameters section Days - and Days + in the General Data tab. The days+ should be more than the Product Planning Table Horizon. Once you change it suitably in the resource master, Save.

Next from the menubar click Tools >> liveCache Check. In the next screen execute for Check Existence in LC.

This will list the TimeStream for the Resource. Click on it and check the TimeStream is created for the changed Horizon (based on Days- and Days+).

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thank you so much for the response.

Just a follow-up question, my PP/DS horizon was 189 days and in the planning parameters Day + is 300 days, do you think that was the reason why it has this message. And it was related to the live cache?

Best Regards,

Raymond

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Sorry for the delay on my part in responding.

No PPDS Horizon will have nothing to do with the message. PPDS Horizon is a Product Master data while the Day+ and Day- is Resource master data.

Can you check if you have Downtimes defined in your Resource which are just at the end / beginning of the Time Stream. In APO you can have issues for Resource Time Stream if the start or end of the Time Stream is having Downtime also.

Hope this helps,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, there was no downtime specified in the resource.

Can we know what was the cause of this error message?

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I have just found out that the Day+ can only be extended til 360 days. Unfortunately, even if we extend this until 360 days, the Required Date in the product view was still not with in the scope of the Resource Live cache.

Do you know some any other way?

Many thanks for the help!

Raymond

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I am not sure whu you can extend the Day+ to 360 days only. It is a 4 character field that means it can be 9999 days.

Can you check the value of Days in Future in CFC9 transaction if you are transferring the resource via CIF from R/3. Also check the value in APO table /SAPAPO/RESLCT. Are these values only 360?

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Greatly appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

In /SAPAPO/RESLCT table, longest end days were only until 360 days.

In CFC9 transaction the dates were up to 600 days.

Maybe that was causing the problem. Is there a way how to change the value in /SAPAPO/RESLCT table?

Best Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thank you very much. I have managed to changed the set up to 600 days! You really help me a lot. Hope you won't get tired of helping us in our issues!

Cheers!

raymond