cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up a web repository manager and have issues. I have created the http system, the web site and the web repository manager. I see it when I go to KM Content admin but cannot see any other information on the web site.

When I go to Knowledge Management -> Component Monitor, I see that in the repository manager I have created, the server has a red light saying error startup failed. Any idea how to fix that?

I haven't entered userID/PW in my http system as the web site doesn't require authentication. Am I right?

Thanks

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Good idea! I tried it and I am able to create a URL iView to this site. I guess it means that it excludes the network issue, right? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, I would try a restart.

I would next try using the Simple Web Repository manager; instructions for which can be found <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ba/fa7d404d84cf62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">here</a> . If this works then it is something to do with your Web Repository manager settings.

Regards,

Neil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thanks! I fixed a problem and restarted and it fixed my problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renaud,

What problem did you fix for this to begin working? We're having the same issue here.

Thanks,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fallon,

It was a problem with the definition of the web site and also a restart problem. I guess my main issue was that I wasn't restarting after a modification. Even when it says that no restart is required, I experienced some examples where my modification wasn't working until a restart.

Have you tested creating a URL iView and creating a simple web repository manager as proposed by Neil? Is it working?

Thanks

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, Renaud. I tried the Simple Web Repository Manager, and that doesn't work either -- same issue. We restarted our portal this morning after the configuration and still no luck. My next try will be creating the URL iView... however, since this is our QA portal environment, that will be a little more difficult to do on the fly.

Thanks again for your response. I posted a separate question with my problem to see if I receive any additional suggestions (and so I can award points!

Kindest regards,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your quick answer although my issue cannot be a proxy issue. The web site I am trying to index is internal to our network and does not require proxy settings. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that the portal is able to see it by creating a URL iView to the site. If you cannot browse to it during the creation process then the site will not be available for a Web Repository. You may have to bargain with your network security team for access from the server.

Regards,

Neil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

If Proxy is eanabled in your netword, Please set proxy server address.

Go to Content Management -> Global Services -> System Landscape Definitions -> Systems -> Default Proxy Settings -> Give proxy url.

Best Regards,

Satya