cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination in Inbound delivey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one help me in undestanding how the route determination works in Inbound delivey..?

Thanks

Umakanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

SD guys are responsible for route determination in Outbound Delivery only.

I am giving this information for the above one.

Route can be determined for every order item. Determining the route in the sales order depends on the following factors:

Country and departure zone of the shipping point

Shipping condition from the sales order

For example, it might have been agreed with the customer that the goods are to be delivered as soon as possible.

Transportation group from the material master record (Sales/Plant Data screen)

You can use the transportation group to group together goods with the same characteristics (for example, bulky goods or goods that must be transported in refrigerated trucks).

Country and transportation zone of the ship-to party (Control screen in the customer master record)

Country of departure is maintained in the shipping point( at spro) linked with delivering plant.

Country of destination is the country of ship to party maintained in its address.

Transportation zone is assingned in the customer master at General data > Address information.

Weight factor : is maintained in IMG > SD > Basic Funtions > Route Determination. This is to say how much of weight is allowed to be carried and also the tolerance factor.

Award points if it adds information.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

It helps a lot to me. However I am working on Inbound shipment. Hence I am concerned for route determination in inbound delivery.

Is there any specific configuration for route determination in inbound deliveries or is it common across entire transportation.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Umakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Route determination is the process where the goods are delivered to the customer from the company with the specified route

Route determination procedure is done at the sales order level and the delivery level

1. route determination process at the sales order level

---> to determine the route the system follows the following conditions such as

>>shipping conditions from the sales order

>>transportation group from the material master

>>country or zone of the delivery plant

>>country or zone of the receiving plant

2. route determination process at teh delivery document level

--> to determine the route at the delivery document level system has to follow the following conditions such as

>shipping conditions form the seals document

>transportation group from the material master

>country or zone of the delivery plant

>country of zone of the receiving plant and

>delivery group ( weight of the material)