Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a transport request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to know how to create a transport request for customizing.

I have built my own application for data maintenance, this application modifies several customizing tables, customer tables of course.

I would like to create a transport request from my application each time a data entrie is created, modified or deleted.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Have a look at FM TRINT_INSERT_NEW_COMM / TRINT_MODIFY_COMM.

Also have a look at program TH_TKANL.

Thanks

Lakshman

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope u can create the transport request in tcode

se01,se10.

In general if you create/edit/delete the customizing table it will ask for transport request. There also u can create.

regards

gv

0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat for your answer, but this is not the solution to my problem.

A transport request is created automatically when an entry is created/modified/deleted in a customizing table from the standard application for data maintenance.

But in my case, I have my own application. I would like to know which is the function Module that creates a new transport request. I would like to ues it into my own application.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

can you please explain what you are creating and how(which tcode)

regards

0 Kudos

checko ut function group

SFTR

in particular FM

BM_TRANSPORT_INSERT

Regards

Raja

Message was edited by: Durairaj Athavan Raja

0 Kudos

U have to look in to the program under function group STRD

regards

gv

0 Kudos

In your application, are you performing direct inserts into the customizing tables or are you going through the standard maintenance for customizing? If you inserting directly, I don't think it is easy to do it. What was the need for writing your own application for customizing? Some of the customization includes regeneration of some reports/programs etc. Have you considered that when you wrote this application?

Check table events in SE54.

Regards,

Srinivas

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Have a look at FM TRINT_INSERT_NEW_COMM / TRINT_MODIFY_COMM.

Also have a look at program TH_TKANL.

Thanks

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a FM that ask for a Transport Request, and stores into them all data entries that has been received as import parameter.

But now I don't have time for continue with it :(.

As soon as I can I will post here the solution.

By now, I'm using FM <b>TRINT_ORDER_CHOICE</b> and <b>TRINT_APPEND_TO_COMM_ARRAYS</b>, by now I succeed creating and storing elements into a Transport Request, and the new Transport Request can be show in SE10.

All seems quite well.