Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CMS cannot assemble component

Hi Experts,

I am currently having a problem in assembling a certain component. I do not have any problems with other repository objects, only a certain specific one. Please help.

Here is the scenario:

When I try to assemble after exporting the component from QAS, the CMS returns an error, <b>Unexpected error; inform your system administrator - CMSAAssemblyFailedException</b>. When I tried selecting the option, Assemble even if the components are in an inconsistent state, the component gets assembled successfully.

For the failed attempts, I have checked the check-assembly log, the following appears:

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2007-11-04 20:15:03.0795 +0:00

Info:Checks for software component unilever.com,PROC_PROCX_COMMPROC_TRANSFORM are performed now:

Info:8XI conflicts

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'error' ,stopping execution at 2007-11-04 20:15:04.0016 +0:00

For the successful assembly with the option Assemble even if the components are in an inconsistent state, the following log messages appear:

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2007-11-04 23:43:11.0015 +0:00

Info:Checks for software component unilever.com,PROC_PROCX_COMMPROC_TRANSFORM are performed now:

Info:8XI conflicts

Info:Checks for software component unilever.com,PROC_PROCX_COMMPROC_TRANSFORM finished succesfully

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'success' at 2007-11-04 23:43:11.0215 +0:00

I want to know:

a. What is causing the "Unexpected error; inform your system administrator - CMSAAssemblyFailedException" error when I try to assemble without selecting the Assemble even if the components are in an inconsistent state option?

b. Why can I successfully assemble a component when I select the Assemble even if the components are in an inconsistent state option, and cannot when that option is not selected?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question