cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work item does not get executed as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to workflow and am learning workflow and doing some hands on sessions to get used to the tool.

I am having a strange problem and its described as given below.

First I tried to create a simple standard task for displaying material master. I am triggering this event when a new material is created. This step works fine. I get the task as a workitem in my sap inbox and when I execute the work item it goes to the material master display screen.

After that I created a workflow template and added the above task as a workflow step(activity). I deactivated the triggering event of the task and activated the triggering event at the workflow same as what I had enabled at the task level that is trigger the flow when a material is created.

The workflow gets triggered and I see the work item in SAP Inbox. I tried to execute the work item and it DOES NOT go to the material master screen. I just get a message that the task is completed and the work item moves from the inbox to the outbox as completed item.

My question is why does not the work item go into material master display screen? The task works on its own but when its attached as a workflow step it does not work.

I am on SAP GUI 7.10 and ECC 6.0.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

You need to perform bindings at the workflow header level, you need to bind the EVTOBJECT to the BO you are using in the workflow, in the start event.

Then you also need to bind this to your task in the step definition. Once you have done this Activate the workflow <b>then</b>, go to transaction SWU_OBUF and click on Synchronise Buffers, this will ensure the latest changes are picked by the wf runtime.

Good Luck!

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem with container parameters not selected.

After selecting the container parameters the workflow is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a binding issue. There shld be binding from Event Container to Wflow Container. Then after that you have to do proper binding from Wflow to task Container. Then only it will appear properly. I think you need to use Decision Task and in this case if you want Material Master Display screen you can do a business Business Object binding from Wflow to task to achieve this. Check standard Wflow WS20000075 related to PO. Check the binding. It would be helpful.

Thanx

Arghadip

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you assign Agent Assignment as 'General Task' for all Single tasks.

And also Make sure Binding perfectly.

Check in SWUD check in all areas about your Wf.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be about binding.

Define the binding between the Event and workflow to pass the material number.

Event contianer Element 'Event_object' should be mapped to a workflow container element BUS1001.

Then define the between the biding between workflow container to task container by binding BUS1001 to WI_OBJECT_ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate your valuable time.

The problem was with the Container variables. I had defined container variables at workflow level and at the task level but forgot to activate the IMPORT/EXPORT parameters.

After enabling the parameters it started working as expected. Thanks again.

Cheers

VJ