Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L ACCOUNT - MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While posting invoice ,

System ask us to provide G/L account

As we know that during the Invoice GR/IR is Debited and Vendors account credited.

I want to know how does the system select which vendor account is to be credited?? e.g If A1000 is my vendor do i have to create the G/L account for that vendor or system select it on its own?

If i have to create it please tell me how to create it?

Thanks in advance.

Monica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are posting invoice in MM ( MIRO), system picks up vendor, for example, from the referenced purchase order document. While posting invoice, it credits vendor A/C as you are already aware, simulatenously, it uses the reconcileation account assigned to the vendor master in XK01 (XK02 or XK03). If you are posting FI invoice, you will be entering vendor# and system captures recon account again the same way....Not sure, if this is what your question is (I understood like this)...If not clarified, please post again....Else, if ok with this, reward for the useful answers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying,

Here my question is which account should i entered in the i G/L account tab?

Should i enter Recon account there?

Also if i want to check the transaction/posting details of individual vendor how can i check it??

Is there any individual G/L ( Sub ledger ) account assigned to specific vendor??

POINTS AWARDED TO YOUR PREVOUS POST.

Thanks in advance.

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

G/l is determined based on the <b>Material Type</b> and not by the Vendor.

It is the combination of the <b>Valuation Class</b>(in the Material Master) and the <b>MM Process(GR, IR, Inventory, etc)</b> that determines the g/l account.

To select the g/l account on the tab in MIRO, you should be knowing the correct g/l account number.

<b>ME2L </b>is the generic t-code for getting information on the documents per Vendor.

Reward if this was a valuable information.

Regards

Vijay

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

You dont need to enter any Recon account in MIRO . If you are doing a normal invoicing against a PO , then your vendor account will be credited and GR-IR debited.

Recon account will be entered in the vendor master and this is the G/L account.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

OK. Here is the concept. When you post an invoice for a vendor via MIRO (assuming a GR is posted for a PO from this vendor), in the standard accounting practice (forget about SAP), you will show the vendor from whom you received the invoice against what was expensed. If you receive such invoices a couple of hundreds a day and from couple of hundreds of vendors a day, it becomes beyond imagination to have a clear idea about the summary of total amounts received. To give FI team a flexible means, SAP came up with reconciliation account procedure. What it means? A General Ledger account which gets simultaneously posted for each transaction which involves the business partner (Vendor or Customer for example). So, couple of vendors attached to a particular G/L (Recon) account when processed with IR transactions, system not only posts the typical Vendor# in the transaction (to indicate from whom the IR is received) but also the Recon account). So, at the end of the day when you run G/L balances on that Recon Account, you will be able to see the summary periodically and when you double click, you will find details on the involved vendors. So, whenever you process a transaction in either FI or MIRO, for a vendor or customer, you will enter the corresponding vendor # or customer# only. SAP tracks its associated Recon from the master record and updates the info on that G/L also. The G/L what you see in the tab of MIRO is to adjust any balances (differences in actual vs. vendor invoice, manually). You will be able to understand this when you explore little more deep into MIRO. Hope, this clarifies the confusion. Reward if it helps!

Regards

Answers (0)