cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem executing stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written a stored procedure in SQL server 2005. This will insert huge amount of data(50000 rows) from one DB to xMII App DB tables. This data is related to SAP MM.

I am trying to provide an UI for executing this stored procedure.

For this I have written a command query to execute stored procedure. When I test command query it works fine. Inserts all required data to respective tables(50000 rows).

I have a BLS transaction written, one of the block is calling this command query. When I execute BLS transaction, query executes succesfully but only 197 rows are getting inserted. I tried executing the command query directly from Java Script without BLS, then also result is same.

Appreciate suggestions to make this work.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Are there any errors or warnings showing up in the logs?

If you change your logging level to INFO and then run your test scenario again the General log should show you exactly what string was passed to SQL Server from your SQLQuery action block. This should allow you to see what/where the command is possibly being truncated to 197 rows.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

There is no errors in the log.

I did as suggested by you. But in the general log, I could see all parameters passed as expected. It also says 197 rows affedcted.

I am not understanding this behaviour. It works well when you test the command query.

Praveen

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You said: "But in the general log, I could see all parameters passed as expected". Does this mean you see the entry for "Executing Command:" and you see the whole command mode string that is passed to the database driver, including any [Param.x] text substitutions?

Do you possibly have a RowCount issue that might be influencing a sub-select query in the insert statement? If so you could issue SET ROWCOUNT 0 at the top of your stored procedure?

How about sharing a little bit more about what your query looks like...

Regards,

Jeremy