SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Center Hierarchy was messed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all FM expertise,

I don't know what happens with the Fund Center Hierarchy. I test create fund center and delete fund center. I don't know what happens to the system then now i can't recover the fund center hierarchy. When i use transaction FMSD , now the status of all fund center (excluding top fund center) is no assigned (red label) and is in the same level as top fund center. when i activated it and move it to the right place, the system gives error as "Function not allowed: Budget was assigned for funds center ..." . I check the individual fund center, the hierarchy set is correctly. when display the hierarchy, shows only top fund center. I tried to activate it and save but the system shows Error in the ABAP Application Program.

Have anybody a good advice?

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Look for in the table fmhisv. It could be that the upper funds center loose the "connection" to the bottom ones. You mihgt analyze the fields HIVARNT FISTL,ROOT,PARENT,CHILD,NEXT,HILEVEL.

Top FC should point to the next one in the hierarchy (field child).

Regards

Alexey Voynikov

0 Kudos

Hi Alexey,

Really thanks for your reply. You are right, i have checked it and found that the upper funds center lose the connection of the child fund center then how can I change this table to the correct one. Please give an advice.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how familiar are You with sap internal functionality and if it is allowed to use it just so. Look e.g. in the thread

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=6455527&messageID=3489098

Be very carefull with the table fmhisv - if one hierarchy "connection" looses, the hierarchy will be missed. It is very important that parent,next and sibling have correct data in this table. Perform the editing just on Your own risk.

Good luck

Alexey

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help. Now i will ask for ABAPer to maintain this for me , I have no other choices.

JSG consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone who has problem like this, I want to share that to update the data in database table cann't help to solve this problem. Now i create any other variant for fund center hierarchy and it works.

0 Kudos

So are you saying the only way you found to solve the problem was to abandon your hierarchy variant and start over in a new one?  We are having the same issue you describe in our development system and trying to resolve it.

--Matt