Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete fm from function group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i wont to delete function from function group ,i delete from se80-> fm name -> delete and i have new transport, but when i move it to qa nothing change what i have to do to solve this problem?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo

If you have indeed transported the delete entry for this function module to your QA system then the function module has been deleted from the function group.

However, sometimes the tree display in transaction SE80 does not show the most recent data. Therefore, display your function group in SE80 and open the context menu by right-clicking on a function module of this function group. Choose:<i> <b>Other Functions -> Rebuild Object List</b></i>

Perhaps it is also useful to do the same on the package level (open context menu on package to which the function group is assigned).

Regards

Uwe

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Se37

Enter the Function module name

Press <SHIFT> + F2.

Else goto SE80,

In the dropdown Select Function Group

Give the function group name

Right click on the function module name and select

"Delete".

Regards,

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo

If you have indeed transported the delete entry for this function module to your QA system then the function module has been deleted from the function group.

However, sometimes the tree display in transaction SE80 does not show the most recent data. Therefore, display your function group in SE80 and open the context menu by right-clicking on a function module of this function group. Choose:<i> <b>Other Functions -> Rebuild Object List</b></i>

Perhaps it is also useful to do the same on the package level (open context menu on package to which the function group is assigned).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

hi uwe

i try to Choose: Other Functions -> Rebuild Object List but<u> nothig happen</u>.

what i do is goto se80 and delete one function from function group and i wont to raise it into new Change requset and move it to qa witout the function i delete

how i can do that?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo

Try to rebuild the object list for the entire package.

In addition, you can simply check if the function module still exists on the QA system: execute a double-click onto the function module. If it is displayed then it has not been deleted yet.

Also when you display the entire package (in SE80) use the "Refresh Tree Display" button (toolbar above the tree display).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

How many FMs are there in your function group? Are you able to see the deleted FM in SE37 in QA?

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

hi uwe

when i check in dev the function dosent exist but in qa when i put the name of function and push display i get message "function group zrfc contains eroors"

what i have to do?

thanks for your time

0 Kudos

hi Atish

i have 3 fm in this function group ,

when i go to the function group and i click on the function that i delete i have message "function group zrfc contains erorrs"

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Have you done syntax check of your funcion group in DEV?

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Check the UXX Include of the FG in your QA system. Is it moved? Is the FM deleted from the UXX. In the syntax check of the FG in QA system, what the error that is coming?

0 Kudos

hi Atish

i do check syntex to the <b>function group</b> and this is what i get.

Include LZPORTAL_FUNCTIONSTOP

There should only be definitions in the TOP include (or nested includes

within it). This means that any sort of implementation (CLASS . .. not

meaningful. is not meaningful. is not meaningful.

thankes for your time

0 Kudos

I think there might be some kind of reference left to the earlier FM as Abhishek said. Are you able to get what is the error in this TOP include or otherwise paste the code of the same will see what can be issue?

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

hi Atish

yes its belong to the function that i delete , if i delete this and put it in new transport it solve my problem?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it will solve. But before transporting the new TR to the QA just do the proper syntax check of the function group using SE80 in DEV so you will get all the errors beforehand and can correct the same.

And the same approach should be followed when you make changes to any objects, just do a syntax-check :).

Regards,

Atish

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo

Assuming that the function group is syntactically ok on the DEV system you could place the entire function group into a NEW transport request and transport this one to the QA system. However, before doing this check the existing function modules and the TOP include for differences between the coding on DEV vs. QA using the version control system (SE80: menu <i><b>Utilities -> Versions -> Version Management</b></i>).

Regards

Uwe