cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm handling our project's implementation of the portal and would like to understand what types of reports (e.g. ABAP reports, BW reports..) are there that can be extracted and displayed on the portal? I'm new to reports and BI and trying to get an overall understanding of reports, so please pardon if my questions might seem general.

Thanks!

Zhenmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sudhir! Glad to hear from u!

Thanks for the info. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

When we'r considering how to implement reports to be displayed in portal, 1 factor to consider is:

1. Type of report to be displayed

-> This would affect what type of iView to use

Does the fact that the report to be displayed is executed real-time or pre-generated (e.g. batch) also affect we decide how to implement it?

Basically, i'm trying to list down the different scenarios to configure reports, which is why I need to understand what are the factors that might affect the implementation of reports, to list the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

type of Iview.. depends on source of your information.. for example.. R/3 reports will be mapped to Transactiional iviews.. BI reports to BI iviews... Crystal reports to crystal iviews... and so on...

may be you should start backward to see what are probable reports which you might need to display on portal and then you can do a feasibility study

Hope this helps.

rgds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sudhir,

Thanx for the advice! Sorry for late response, but points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple. whatever you can host from BI system you can host them on Portal as well.. and same applies to R/3 reports... for r/3 reports you have to check how your backend reports will look on its based view... you can even configure them to access through rich wingui.. which will give you same R/3 look and feel with reports..

you can check

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/df/bedca2076511d7b84500047582c9f7/frameset.htm">iview creation</a>

you can see variety of views(information view) which are supported in Portal... this might answer some of your questions..

Hope this helps,

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to ensure that you provide appropriate authorizations to Portal + backend users user and establish means for Single Sign On access with source system (BI or R/3).

Rgds