cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i don't understand.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working on XI 3.0. two weeks before i got an error while i do the ABAP Proxy scenario. the error was <b>No connection to Integration Builder (only local data visible).</b> this message was diplaying in <b>SAPR/3 4.7 WebAS6.20 server t.code SPROXY</b>.

one of the member in sdn said , ask my basic team to install <b>APPINT</b>. after <b>installed APPINT on SAPR/3 4.7 WebAS 6.20 i came to know , i can use SAPR/3 4.7 WebAS 6.20 as XI Server , say for example i can use t.codes SXMB_MONI,SXMB_IFR and etc...</b>

<b>here i don't understand the concept. my basic team installed only APPINT then how can i run all xi t.codes in SAPR/3 4.7?</b>

thanks,

Cheers,

Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can have local XI that's why you can use

SXMB_MONI for monitoring proxy messages

also sxmb_adm for configuring your local XI

but you don't have normal XI !

this is only possible with ERP 2004

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/47/eaae42edc6b211e10000000a155106/content.htm

BTW

when you use sxmb_ifr your normal XI should turn on...

(the one you got connected with SLD)

hope this makes it a little bit clearer

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may also take a look at this:

"Application system with a local Integration Engine that

requires the Integration Server to execute the

integration logic (the Integration Server can run in

another client of the same SAP system)

The system can act as a sender or receiver of XML

messages, but <b>it does not contain any integration logic.</b>

Therefore, neither routing nor mapping can be executed

locally. Instead they must be executed by the

Integration Server, which is called by the application

system.

"

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kannan,

Installing APPINT will bring the necessary programs, t-codes to your R/3 system.

After installing APPINT, you need to configure your system as Application System to an XI Integration Server. To do this, you need to connect to SLD and create a Business System and assign that as an application system.

in SXMB_ADM of R/3 system, configure the system as Application system.

Then you need to do the following:

I've mentioned it in your previous thread, you need to follow that.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you friends. now i understood that. similarly if i want to upgrade from SAPR/34.7 WebAS6.20 to ERP 2004(ECC5.0) what i need to do. i have gone service.sap.com where i could n't get correct documents. so if any body done from SAPR/3 4.7 WebAS6.20 to ERP 2004(ECC5.0) upgradation please give me the OSS Note Numbers as well as details document please.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Kannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

Installing APPINT in Sap r/3 is the add on component on r/3 for XI and by configuring the Integartion Engine in SXMB_ADM you can connect to the XI integration server and R/3 will behave like a Integetion Engine.

thankx,

shree