cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI/PI import & export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Wheredo we define the directory for the export into ir/id...and directory for import.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you install the XI/PI, you should get directory <systemdir>/xi/repository_server/export and <systemdir>/xi/repository_server/import for IR. When you export the config it should goes to the export directory. Then you should copy the file from the export directory to the import directory in target server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

yes i know that...thats not my issue...

Where can we define that location where the id/ir content will be exported to...?

Can i change it...?

What roles do i need to DEFINE the location for import/export...

Venkat

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you can change the path of the import and export from the IR and ID respectively...but not sure dude.....

with the admin rights you might check if you can....beacuse i had read ino one of the post that when they export from dev server the file directoyl goes to the import of the quality, i am not sure did they do by wrting a script whch does that or by changin the folder path.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nope you cannot change these directories according to the requirements...

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

No you can not change the export/import directory. Atleast there is no standard way.

The first time you import SAP Basis Content in IR at that all the directories are created.

btw .. Why do you want to change the directory ?

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->Where can we define that location where the id/ir content will be exported to...?

No Idea...

Can i change it...?

Only SUPER USER Can Change this...

What roles do i need to DEFINE the location for import/export...

SUPER USER ..may be..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Can you please let us know what exactly do you mean by SUPER USER ?

Can you also please share with us from where did you come to know that super user can change the directory??

Thanks.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get your question. you want to export the IR and ID components or wat?

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

What i want to know is where do we define the directory ID content will be exported to..as when we do an export we dont have the option to specify the directory since its already setup...Hope that clarifies the q

Venkat