cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adaptor and variable substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have used variable substitution in the reciever comm channel to dynamically alter the folder ...Question is ..is there a way to do this from the sender comm channel..

I know, i know we can write a custom module..etc..etc..

I mean besides that ..is there a way sap provides out of the box...

Michal..what do you think..?

PS: your blog on var subst is very good !

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sender adapter u can use dynamic configuration through a UDF and adapter specific message attributes in the communication channel

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Do you have a specific scenario?

One way is to use dynamic configuration in the Sender Adapter to extract the filename then use a mapping step to transform the filename using a User Defined Function (UDF)

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer both the weblogs for your refernce.

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

I have read both...they are at the reciever comm channel...my question is not addressed..i want to use var subst at the sender cc...is that possible..If yes HOW..

Sorry for the confusion

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

For implementing variable substitution on the sender side. you can develop your own module as per your requirement.

Only question is you can easily implement this on receiver side receives payload information coming after the mapping. While processing communication channel, it has payload to refer for variable substitution..

While on the sender side communication channel do not have payload to implement variable substitution.

Can you explain in detail about condition you want to apply in variable substitution.

- Gaurav Jain