cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use ONE Text search iView to event/affect mutliple Result Sets?

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

i have a special situation in which i have 6 flat tables in my repository which all have a common field called Location ID (which is a lookup flat to the Locations table).

i am trying to build a page with a free-form text search iView on Table #1 (search field = Location ID). when I execute the search, the result set for Table #1 is properly updated, but how do I also get Result Set iViews for Tables #2-6 to also react to the event from Text Search for Table #1 so that they are updated?

i don't want to have to build 6 different text search iViews (one for each table). i just want to use ONE text search iView for all the different result set tables. but, in the documentation and iView properties, the text search iView doesn't have any eventing.

if you have any suggestions, please help.

many thanks in advance,

mm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem. My page has a search iView, Results iView, and Details iView all from the main table. I now want to add a second Details iView from a different table (same repository). Do I need to set up a custom event? The iView from the different table just returns "no records found".

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Donna,

that should not be a problem, since you are detailw with result sets and detail iviews because custom eventing can be defined for those iviews.

Yes, it says "no records" found because an active search and record selection havent' been performed for it (only your main table does).

So, yes, define a custom event, and pass the appropriate parameters and you should be fine.

Creating a custom event between a Result Set iView and an Item Details iView is easy and works. I have done it.

See page 35 of the Portal Content Development Guide for a step-by-step example, which is what I used.

For my particular situation, the problem I'm having is that I want the Search Text iView's event (i.e., when the Submit button is pressed) to be published to multiple iViews, all with different tables. Those tables all share some common fields, which is what the Search iView has, so I'd like to pass the search critera to all of the iViews.

-mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the help. My new Details iView works beautifully.

Donna

Message was edited by:

Donna Jurgens

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hello donna,

i'm glad to hear!

as for my part, i've had to do custom development, because after much research, the custom eventing is only supported by the result set and item details iviews.

regards,

mm