cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explaination about two FIPP methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In one of our customzed workflows, we are calling two FIPP methods - FIPP.ReleaseWholeCheck and FIPP.FlagReleaseReset - just before posting the document.I wanted to know if someone can tell me why is this being called. Is it a must to call these two methods before the document gets posted?

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Anwar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your detailed inputs.

Basically, I wanted to know whether I can avoid calling the FLAGRELEASERESET... but I dont think that will be possible.

Thanks again!

MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some standard wflow for parked invoice

WS10000051

WS10000052

WS10000053

WS10000054

but here only the RELEASE method is used.

Probably in your scenario it is for modification of invoices that are also released. The business Process may be that if invoices are released then you need to reset the Release and then go for account assignment approval and eventually release the doct after approval. This is my guess:)))

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't remember all the details, but the parked document might require two level "approval" in certain cases (depending on the customization?). First the document must be "approved" by the accounting perspective and then by the responsible manager.

So basically this means that the document must be released with two different methods (technically). It might be that in your scenario, you are not using this kind of two level approval (only one approval required), but after the approval the document must be still technically released with two different methods in order to post the document.

Check the customization. I really can't remember all the details about the FIPP release, so check SAP Librarary. There the standard workflow templates for FIPP are explained, and there you should find an answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad

I would guess that the two methods are being called to maximise the chances of a successful post, first by checking the overall viability of the document, and then by ensuring the document is able to be posted.

Regards

Gareth