Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_RO_OSOA for the BI Role in Source System

Former Member
0 Kudos

All my Friends,

I am not sure but I was able to add this object in Dev (Source System)

system to the role Z_BC_BI_MNT_LOADS.

However, when I imported this role in QA I am getting this error message.

<b>

Invalid object S_RO_OSOA deleted from role Z_BC_BI_MTN_LOADS

rrors occurred during post-handling PRGN_AFTER_IMP_ACTGROUP_ACGR for ACGR L</b>

I was not able to mannually insert the obj. in the Role in QA since the Object

does not exist in QA.

Can someone please let me know why I am getting this error message.?

Thanks

From

PT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT, it looks like you have answered your own question....

"I was not able to mannually insert the obj. in the Role in QA since the Object

does not exist in QA."

As Julius suggested, it appears that there are differences with your systems, especially considering that this is an SAP delivered object that you cannot find.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Are your DEV and QAS on different SP or release levels? That is sometimes a cause of this error.

"Post-handling" is done because a user with the role which is changed, might be logged on in QAS at the time when the transport comes through.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT, it looks like you have answered your own question....

"I was not able to mannually insert the obj. in the Role in QA since the Object

does not exist in QA."

As Julius suggested, it appears that there are differences with your systems, especially considering that this is an SAP delivered object that you cannot find.

0 Kudos

Jullius,

Thanks for your reply.

I compared the SU24 to see the the AOBs for Transaction RSA3 exists

in QA. I could not find it so I created the transport from SU24 and imported

in QA. Now, I see the Object for RSA3 in QA.

But my original transport is still giving me the same error message.

The support packs between Dev and QA is same.

User was not logged in to the system that time since this is a source system

for BI person. He/she usually logs into BI system not Source ECC system

Please advise if anything I should check.

Thanks again.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

Hi PT,

Did you create and develop (change) this role in the same DEV system you are transporting from? Sometimes roles are shared between landscapes which are on different SPs / releases. When you import the role into a lower system, it will delete objects which it does not know...

Transporting your SU24 will do nothing for this object. SU24 does nothing if the object is not checked by a program and usually also nothing if the object itself is not visible in transaction SU21. Can you see it in SU21 (or table TOBJ)?

Having said that... I might be wrong... this is a BI role / object and the name of the object sounds like something special. The BI folks might know more... and can help out.. ?

Is there a specific security concern?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

The role was created initially created in DEV.

From SU21 View of DEV and QA:

The Authorization Object S_RO_OSOA exists in Dev but it does not exit in QA.

The object is for SAP Data Source Authorization.

Is it possible for me create this OBJ directly in QA via SU21 ?

Or

Should I move the AOB from SU21 of DEV ?

What would be the impact ?

Please advise.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

Hi PT,

As a general observation, it is logical to make changes in DEV and transport them through. This is better for avoiding inconsistencies in the development pipeline and ensures that the origin of the change and who made it, in which sequence and together with which other changes did it come through.

Ideally, your QAS should be in the same status as your PROD, in which case you cannot create the object in QAS anyway... unless it is an emergency repair.

This object sounds powerfull. So I would take a closer look at why this specific one is causing an error. For example, who created it in DEV? It might even be default unavailable in a system which is not modifiable or some setting is not made - which means you need to make a proactive step to activate it if you use it. This is sometime the case for a handfull of objects.

Why did you add it to the role?

Cheers,

Julius

PS: Please close your threads when (if) they are answered, but I would leave this one open still for a while - someone might know an object specific answer. Mine here are more generalistic.