Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

print immediately option for ME21N(PO) and ME41(RFQ)

Dear friends,

Can anybody please tell me for the purchase orders(ME22N),if we select messages button,select communication method----in this screen,print immediately button is automatically coming.

Where i have to do settings to see that in Communication method under messages of PO(ME22N),printing immediately should not come automatically.

With our client for PO-print immediately is set automatically and for RFQ-it is not set.

Client wants that for PO print shall not come automatically on saving/approving the PO.

please suggest where to remove the print immdiately setting for PO.

Advance Thanks ,

Regards,

Dayanand

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi Dayanand,

I guess, you understood exactly opposite the way I explained. Print immediately check box is to process the output without stoppage in spool list. Option 4 is the one that prints and sends the message record to spool from the document. What all you need to do is, use option 3. Even then, you will have to set the print immediately check box selected ( this doesn't mean, it is going to print immediately...this will just push the spool request to printer immediately, if at all there is some message record queued in SP02...hope, it is clear now)...

By using option 3 in MN04, system automatically captures, still, the message type say, NEU. Unless you process that PO from ME9F, it won't print. Hope, it is clear now....

The otherway to make it even with 4 is to apply release strategy to the PO. If PO is not released, by whatever means, you can't get the PO printed in standard SAP. It needs to be released to print.

Don't forget to reward with points, if this helped you!

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question