cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print immediately option for ME21N(PO) and ME41(RFQ)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Can anybody please tell me for the purchase orders(ME22N),if we select messages button,select communication method----in this screen,print immediately button is automatically coming.

Where i have to do settings to see that in Communication method under messages of PO(ME22N),printing immediately should not come automatically.

With our client for PO-print immediately is set automatically and for RFQ-it is not set.

Client wants that for PO print shall not come automatically on saving/approving the PO.

please suggest where to remove the print immdiately setting for PO.

Advance Thanks ,

Regards,

Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MN05 for your output type and for the key combination you had setup your output type. Go and deselect print immediately checkbox.

Small correction -

Print immediately check box doesn't print your document automatically. This will enable a spool not to get queued and wait further to be processed i.e if a message type in the PO, for example, has option 4 - Print while saving option selected (you will see this in "Further Data" not in communication data in the document..this is the one drives the document to be printed immediately unless the PO is stuck for Release Strategy (approval). However, this option 4 - Print while saving will be able to print the document at the printer only when "Print Immediately" check box is active in the communication data. This check box if not active, the option 4 above will make everything required to process the message but sends to spool (SP02). In the spool, you will have to further process if you want to print it. To avoid this, that check box Print Immediately takes control and without queing, it prints at the printer. Hope, it is clear now. Reward if it helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopala,

Iam extremely thankful for your suggestion.

Options 1-4 can be selected in MN05--this for creating spool request.

For getting the print, if print immediately check box is active ,we will get the print,other wise we will not get the print.

Now,MN05-option selected is 4. But print immediately is coming automatically in communication data of the PO under messages.Now with this set up prints are coming automatically when approval is done for that POs.

Client wants not get a print on approval. only on selection of print immediately button print should come.

Now how to remove automatic print immediately check in communication . where i have to configure for not getting automatically print immediately check.

please suggest.

Regards,

Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dayanand,

I guess, you understood exactly opposite the way I explained. Print immediately check box is to process the output without stoppage in spool list. Option 4 is the one that prints and sends the message record to spool from the document. What all you need to do is, use option 3. Even then, you will have to set the print immediately check box selected ( this doesn't mean, it is going to print immediately...this will just push the spool request to printer immediately, if at all there is some message record queued in SP02...hope, it is clear now)...

By using option 3 in MN04, system automatically captures, still, the message type say, NEU. Unless you process that PO from ME9F, it won't print. Hope, it is clear now....

The otherway to make it even with 4 is to apply release strategy to the PO. If PO is not released, by whatever means, you can't get the PO printed in standard SAP. It needs to be released to print.

Don't forget to reward with points, if this helped you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

For RFQs currently-in MN02,

Medium is set to '1' and Date/Time is '4' i.e send immediately on saving the application.And while creating RFQ,under messages,in communication button,print immediately button is unchecked. So whenever print is needed ,print button is checked and getting the print.

But in PO, Medium is set to '1' and Date/Time is '4' i.e send immediately on saving the application.And while creating the PO,under messages/comminication data,print button is automatically coming with checked option,so as soon as approval PO print is coming.where as in RFQ,print check button is not comming as default as checked , so they are getting the print whenever they want. If they want they will create the meassage type with print immediately check the button and get the print.

The same feature shall be there in PO. How to avoid the print immediately check button coming automatically in communication data under messages.print immediately check button should not come automatically same as RFQs.

please suggest.

Regards,

Dayanand

Answers (0)