cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with a client who is using ECC 6 along with New GL in FICO module, i am not very sure about the data allocation by SAP in New GL, i have rough idea that FAGLFLEXA and FAGLFLEXT gets updated with Ledger view (Actuals & Totals), BSEG with the Entry view.Also there is a new table BSEG_ADD which will have non leading ledger entries.

But i also heard some conflicting opinions that FAGLFLEXA will have non leading ledger entries too, so if i have to pick the details from this tables to get a complete details from the Line item level details ,

would FAGFLEXA and FAGFLEXT be sufficent or do we need to go to BSEG_ADD and BSEG , if so can you please mention those with some field names where i have to to BSEG_ADD and BSEG after reading FAGFLEXA and FAGFLEXT.

any input on this really appreciated, full points will be awarded to response.

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vincent_bosman
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No they are not the same FAGLFLEXA has less entries, this table is only meant for the General Ledger view.

FAGLFLEXA has Ledger and split parts of the document (Much Leaner than data than in BSEG).

Cheers

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh & Vincent, i did get the answer to the part of my questions, can you please let me know when there is a normal posting will the no of entries in BSEG and FAGFLEXA be same or BSEG will have more entries for one DOCUMENT entry , i am referring only to the no of records not additional fields.

thanks

priya

vincent_bosman
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BSEG_ADD -> fields like BSEG -> Documents that are not relevant for the leading ledger.

BSEG_ADD is only filled if additional ledgers are used for parallel reporting!

Documents without valuation differences are posted to all ledgers. They are also relevant for the leading ledger and are written to BSEG.

Documents that are only posted in one or more additional ledgers are only written to BSEG_ADD.

Good luck

Vincent Bosman

SAP Financials Consultant

Netherlands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My sugestion would be to check the number of entries in BSEG as well as FAGLFLEXA.

I think BSEG will have all the entires but this cluster table can not be joined with other tables. In that situation you can use FAGLFLEXA.

Regards

Santosh Hegde