cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating track for ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know how to create a track for normal webdynpro development .. i want to know how to create track for ESS & MSS development. How do we get the source of the ESS .. do we have to install some extra components in NWDI for ESS ??.please help.What steps do we need to do differently from creating a normal track .

After creating track we need to ADD softwarecomponent .. usually for custom webdynpro developemnt we create these in SLD .. for ESS do we have to create the SC or will it be shipped by SAP ..if they are shipped by SAP .. how do i get them in NWDI??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a how to document creating i think it is called JDI cookbook for ESS. You have to import some ESS libraries into the track and create SCs as well, nothing different that creating a normal track. In addition if you want to have another sc that holds your custom WD component you will define this SC in the SLD and add it to your track.

The SC for ESS will be shipped by SAP and you simply import them into your track and you have it in NWDI.

Hope that helps

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your reply .. i already have gone through that cookbook .. i just have one doubt ... after creating track in nwdi .. we need to add Software component to the track .. there i think we need to add ESS software component .. but how do we get that sc in the list .. do we need to install any sca files for that .. ??

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you would define it in the SLD. After defining it, you will import the ESS.sca into the track u created.

Abdul